Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Inheritance Share Of Orphaned Grandchildren

Tagged: 

• Inheritance Share Of Orphaned Grandchildren

Posted by Haris Handoo on February 15, 2022 at 12:14 pm

Asalamu alaikum.My father passed away at age of 74 whereas my grandfather and grandmother died after him. My grandparents were survived by 6 sons ( our paternal uncles) and 3 daughters (our paternal aunts). In my father’s family, we are two brothers, one sister and mother. Are we entitled to share in Grandfather’s and Grandmother’s property from the share our father would have inherited.One of our paternal uncle, who was unmarried, also passed away recently. Do we have a share from the property he left behind.Do our paternal uncles and paternal aunts have only one-third share in kalala property and how will remainder of two-thirds property of deceased uncle get distributed. Kindly elaborate as per Holy Quran and Hadith.Thank you.

Amara Khondekar replied 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Inheritance Share Of Orphaned Grandchildren

Amara Khondekar updated 2 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Amara Khondekar

Member February 16, 2022 at 2:16 am

Hello brother,

I did research on this and I found we don’t have any right on our grandparents property. Very sorry. But only if they decided to give you only you can get something.

After your father death 1/6th will go your grandma and 1/6 th will go to grandfather from your father’s property.

After death of your grandparents all their property they got and have. Will be divided among primary inheritors. Among their alive sons and daughters.

If you uncle was unmarried then property will go his own brother and sister.

May Allah knows the best. Brother if you don’t have much financial issue don’t feel bad that you lost it or something. May Allah will give you something better.

• Amara Khondekar

Member February 16, 2022 at 6:13 am

Salam brother,

Ghamidi sir said Orphan child can claim for Father’s property. I shared my knowledge based on found from other scholars. Sorry if I was wrong. You may follow whatever is good for you.

• Dawar Hussain

Moderator February 16, 2022 at 6:01 am

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register