Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Sins That Can Erase All Good Deeds As Per Ahadith

• Sins That Can Erase All Good Deeds As Per Ahadith

Posted by Amara Khondekar on March 14, 2022 at 9:11 am

I saw a website. Showing sin that could destroy your good deed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.parhlo.com/these-sins-may-erase-all-your-good-deeds/amp/

I found a hadith which I am not sure exactly what is mean.

I certainly know people of my nation who will come on the Day of Resurrection with good deeds like the mountains of Tihamah, but Allah will make them like scattered dust.” Thawban said: “O Messenger of Allah, describe them to us and tell us more so that we will not become of them unknowingly.” He said: “They are your brothers and from your race, worshipping at night as you do, but they will be people who, when they are alone, transgress the sacred limits of Allah.”

(Sunan Ibne Majah, Hadith 4386)

I am supporting sin. But we all commit some sin right. Is this particularly for hypocrite people?

Also the another hadith is actually opposite to it.

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah’s Prophet (PBUH) saying.

“All the sins of my followers will be forgiven except those of the Mujahirin (those who commit a sin openly or disclose their sins to the people). An example of such disclosure is that a person commits a sin at night and though Allah screens it from the public, then he comes in the morning, and says, ‘O so-and-so, I did such-and-such (evil) deed yesterday,’ though he spent his night screened by his Lord (none knowing about his sin) and in the morning he removes Allah’s screen from himself.”

(Sahih Bukhari, Hadith 6069)

Umer replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Sins That Can Erase All Good Deeds As Per Ahadith

Umer updated 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator March 14, 2022 at 9:53 am

As a matter of Principle, Ahadith and/or separate incidents and individual reports are not a source of any law, because of certain inherent limitations with their nature of transmission, they are to be understood in the light of Quran and Sunnah.

– Following points might help you understand a bit about the Hadith Science:

Discussion 32850 • Reply 32869

– To understand Hadith as a Source of Islamic Epistemology, please see:

Discussion 21789 • Reply 21983 (although the whole thread is helpful)

– To understand the Hadith Compilation and Collection, please see:

Discussion 50996

Please refer to the Principles of Understanding Hadith, which explain in detail how to approach Hadith Corpus:

Discussion 56230

Please refer to the following thread in order to understand the placement of Hadith in the overall framework of religion:

Discussion 58889

What should a common Muslim should do in case he encounters an apparently disturbing hadith, please refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 58280 • Reply 58283

As far as you specific Question is concerned, all these narrations fall within framework of Quran and Sunnah:

They are referring to the same atttitude (openly committing sins in public, boasting about sins in public, intentional hypocrisy etc.) of open rebellion (Istakbar/Sarkashi) against God for which it is mentioned in Quran that:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُواْ بِآيَاتِنَا وَاسْتَكْبَرُواْ عَنْهَا لاَ تُفَتَّحُ لَهُمْ أَبْوَابُ السَّمَاء وَلاَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ حَتَّى يَلِجَ الْجَمَلُ فِي سَمِّ الْخِيَاطِ وَكَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الْمُجْرِمِينَ لَهُم مِّن جَهَنَّمَ مِهَادٌ وَمِن فَوْقِهِمْ غَوَاشٍ وَكَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الظَّالِمِينَ

Indeed those who denied Our revelations and evaded them in arrogance, the gates of heavens shall not be opened for them and neither shall they be able to enter Paradise except if a camel is able to pass through the eye of a needle. [This is their punishment] and in this manner do We punish the criminals. Hell shall be their bedding and [the flames of] Hell shall be their covering and in this way do We punish the evil-doers. (7:40-41)

These are all applied situations which can result in open rebellion against God if one doesn’t repent timely and sincerely, and can result in a punishment of eternal hell. There could be other situations like this as well which may result in such a rebellious attitude.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register