Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Worldly Life Vs. The Afterlife

Tagged: ,

• Worldly Life Vs. The Afterlife

Posted by Shamir on March 23, 2022 at 1:58 am

I have seen a video of Mr. Ghamdi in which he is telling about the purpose of life. To improve the life of this world he was saying that “we have been blessed with reason, opportunities and divine support”. What is the meaning of it. To fully understand my question please watch the video what should be the purpose of our lives? On youtube from 00:30 to 00:54. Regards

Shamir replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Worldly Life Vs. The Afterlife

Shamir updated 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 23, 2022 at 12:56 pm

Can you provide the link of video also?

• Shamir

Member March 23, 2022 at 2:13 pm
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 24, 2022 at 12:04 pm

He basically means that God provided everything to be successful in this life and next. We should try to improve this worldly life as much as we can while keeping the afterlife in mind.

• Shamir

Member March 24, 2022 at 12:44 pm

It means that whatever aspect of our lives we improve is belong to this category that called “Ibtaghaye fazal”?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 24, 2022 at 7:22 pm

Yes, as long as it’s within the boundaries set by God. This worldly life is our short-term goal while the afterlife is our long-term goal. There’s no problem in pursuing the short-term goal as long as it doesn’t compromise our long term goal.

Hopefully this example might help drive the point across. We go to school and spend many years there so that we may get the education required for us to earn a decent living in the future. While we’re in school, it’s great to have friends and enjoy the canteen food. However, if we focus solely on friends and the canteen, we may end up never achieving our goal of being able to earn a decent living.

• Shamir

Member March 24, 2022 at 11:10 pm

Faisal Sab thanks for your reply, I understand your point to a great extent, but most of the scholars claim that Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) lived a life which was probably detached from one world or his goal was only the Hereafter and then he ate whatever he could get. There are some interpretations that are beyond comprehension

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 24, 2022 at 11:51 pm

I’m sorry my friend, I can’t comment on what the other scholars say. Please see the following for details in the light of the Quran:

Discussion 64765 • Reply 64810

• Shamir

Member March 28, 2022 at 1:14 pm

In this video that I mention above where Ghamdi Sahib says that when we try to make this world better we seek the grace of Allah, and while describing this grace Ghamdi Sahib mentioned a few things as grace each of which Mention of wealth, riches and power. Are these the only things of grace in the sight of God or can we add things to this list of grace on our own?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register