Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Can One Leave Fast Because Of Difficulty In One's Job

Tagged: ,

• Can One Leave Fast Because Of Difficulty In One's Job

Posted by Mohammed Sajid Shaikh on April 5, 2022 at 7:38 am

Dear Sir Salam,

Greetings of the day…..

My name is Sajid Shaikh and living in India. I have two concern in my mind that require proper answer from Javed Sahab.

1) I am working in a Company which is 80 km far from my Home , so in this scenario , it is very hard to me to do fasting in month of Ramadan. In my Weekly off I can do fasting , but the rest days are very hard to me for fasting. kindly please guide what should I do ? And how can I cover it ?

2) I am living in a non-Muslims country, and from salary Government is deducting some perchange of my salary . Can I count it as Zakat ??

Example: According to zakat law , i suppose to pay zakat Rs. 10000/- every year and Government is deducting Rs. 8000/- every year as per country law, this Rs. 8000/- Government is spending on Hospital, school , social welfare and some other Government projects.

Kindly please guide and reply to me.

With Warm Regards,

Sajid Shaikh

Umer replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Can One Leave Fast Because Of Difficulty In One's Job

Umer updated 2 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator April 5, 2022 at 7:59 am

Please post one question per topic. Please post a separate topic for second part of your question.

As far as your first question is concerned:

As a principle, the relaxation in case of ibadah is based on the principle of usar (‘ghair mamoli mushaqqat‘) and for other prohibitions (‘mohramat‘), the relaxation is based on ‘iztirar‘ (becoming impossible to do or when it becomes a matter of life and death).

Therefore, if you feel difficulty in keeping up with your fast because of undue difficulty, you can opt to leave that fast and makeup for that leftover fast at a later time when circumstances are back to normal for you.

Please refer to the following thread for comments of Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 62725

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register