Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Different Understanding Regarding Salah And Its Meaning Among Different Scholars

• Different Understanding Regarding Salah And Its Meaning Among Different Scholars

Posted by Ayesha Siddiqui on April 6, 2022 at 9:59 am

I was listening to the Conversing Islam series with Hamza Ali Abbasi and Hassan bhai. In Episode 7 they say that no sect disputes the existence of namaz or the basics of namaz, but in actual I have heard that some people do not believe that there is namaz. I also personally know someone who used to pray before but does not do so now because of this understanding. Some translations translate the word salah as meaning an economic or divine order or system of God. Even Ghulam Ahmad Parvaizi translates the word salah differently to mean “to follow closely,” how do you explain that? This creates a lot of confusion and how do you explain or discuss with someone who says that.

Link to the video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UCKxC76COzw&feature=share

Umer replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Different Understanding Regarding Salah And Its Meaning Among Different Scholars

Umer updated 2 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 6, 2022 at 10:36 am

Can you please name a few sects of Islam that reject salat? Of course, an individual’s understanding might be based upon ignorance, but I’m unaware of any sect of Islam that rejects the ritual of salat.

Ghulam Ahmad Perwez sahab translates the word salat differently and defines a wider socioeconomic purpose for it, however, even he doesn’t reject the established ritual of salat.

• Umer

Moderator April 7, 2022 at 2:20 pm

Following thread and given videos in it will be helpful in this context:

Discussion 51790

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register