Ranks In The Hereafter
We learn from the Quran that there are various ranks in Jannah as well as in Jahannam (6:132, 17:21). There are some questions that arise in my mind regarding this and would like to know Sir Ghamidi’s views on these.
1) Why must their be ranks in Jannah in the first place, making it similar to this world where certain people are above others? Why can’t a person who enters Jannah be rewarded with ALL the blessings and mercy rather than only a few based on his actions in this world? (The same can not be said for Jahannam as Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ only punishes for what is committed.)
2) We know Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ increases in favor to anyone Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ wills (2:261) so can not Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ raise everyone up to the highest place by His mercy?
3) Can an ordinary person ever reach the highest rank with all the rewards though they didn’t have the opportunity to practice Jihad or do something that would change the world for the better or is it only for the Prophets and martyrs? Yet is it not Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ who chooses them?
4) Will not a person at a lower rank feel deprived of the blessings given to those at a higher rank? Can he be asked to be raised up higher? How can it be Jannah without experiencing ALL the bounties Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ has to offer? Are the rewards specific to a person and the tests he went through in this life or are the rewards equal for everyone?
5) What can a person attempt to do to reach the highest rank and also be part of the saabiquun (56:10) and is it even possible by a layman?
Apologies for the copious amounts of questions with regards to this matter. This has been something that I trouble reconciling with.
In the last 1314 days, 6,540 registered users have posted 51,940 messages under 13,719 unique topics on Ask Ghamidi.