Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 14:7 (if You Are Grateful, I Will Certainly Give You More And Vice Versa)

Tagged: ,

• Quran 14:7 (if You Are Grateful, I Will Certainly Give You More And Vice Versa)

Posted by Mohamed Mushaf on April 23, 2022 at 6:09 pm

In verse 14:7.allah says “if you are grateful,I will certainly give you more,if you are ungrateful,my punishment is severe.” Does that mean Allah punish us if we are ungrateful?

Umer replied 1 year, 9 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Quran 14:7 (if You Are Grateful, I Will Certainly Give You More And Vice Versa)

Umer updated 1 year, 9 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator April 24, 2022 at 4:51 pm

As the context clearly states (starting from verse 6) that these verses were directly addressed to Bani-Israel.

And for Bani-Israel, there was a different law in place at that time when they were given the rank of Shahdah:

Please see for details:

Discussion 67480 • Reply 67615

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member April 24, 2022 at 6:39 pm

Doesn’t this verse applicable to us?

• Umer

Moderator April 25, 2022 at 7:01 am

No, not as a principle.

• Umer

Moderator July 5, 2022 at 4:32 pm

According to Ghamidi Sahab, this is applicable to us as well.

If a person values and treasures his innate guidance regarding God, blessings and resources given to him in whatever form, whether less or more, whether financial or non-financial (in the form of kowledge etc.) — and he benefits from it and is grateful to his Lord for it, then it is practice of God that He will give more to the person. This doesn’t mean that one should not pray to God for ease in his hardships, rather it means that one should not have an attitude of complaining towards God.

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 8:20 to 10:14

The discussion "Quran 14:7 (if You Are Grateful, I Will Certainly Give You More And Vice Versa)" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now