Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Why Dua Goes Unanswered?

Tagged: ,

• Why Dua Goes Unanswered?

Posted by Noor Fatima on April 24, 2022 at 11:57 pm

If I made dua for something that is very small and simple. For e.g for a recurring Bad dream to stop. After I made the dua and slept , I still see it. Things that come to my mind are:

1) Is Allah not even interested or listening to me, because he dislikes me or bcz I am unimportant.

2) It was a very logical thing I asked, that could have saved me fron distress, Why did he not stop it, Does he derive (Nauzubillah) any happiness out of giving distress to some people. ( I am sorry, I feel very conflicted, I have to ask this.)

3) Is my dua not sincere? Am I just saying duas superficially, with tongue and not by heart.

What should I think and How should I think (to avoid being saddened and dejected) When such a thing happens.

Umer replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Why Dua Goes Unanswered?

Umer updated 2 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 25, 2022 at 3:16 am

Read the portion of Sura kahaf where God shows His concern and his intervention with is people even in some minor things to benefit them. at the same time, the damage to the boat for the sailors and murder of the boy for his parents were disastrous, but still it was in their favour.

We human being are given very little knowledge we do not know what is best for us, only God knows. if he intervenes at your request or does not intervene, it all is for the good of us. He might want you to struggle with your problem and come out strong.

• Umer

Moderator April 25, 2022 at 2:58 pm

Hopefully this will also help:

Discussion 58727 • Reply 58780

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register