Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Differences Of Opinion Regarding Religion In A Family And When To Express Them

• Differences Of Opinion Regarding Religion In A Family And When To Express Them

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on May 10, 2022 at 10:33 am

Is it neccessary for someone to express their opinion on religion to their family or friends?.

This question is actually related to me.Everyone around me has a different opinion on religion .So is it necessary for me to tell them what I believe?Sometimes I actually do , when I find it necessary but not everytime.

Mohammed Zubair Alam replied 1 year, 11 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Differences Of Opinion Regarding Religion In A Family And When To Express Them

• Umer

Moderator May 10, 2022 at 6:30 pm
    • Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member May 11, 2022 at 9:14 am

I have read all the discussions and also watched the videos of Ghamidi sahab.

I am stating the method which I have opted for to handle such situation. Just for my satisfaction, let me know if this is acceptable😅.

1)Majority of the people in my society follow deoband and barelvi school of thoughts. So most of the time I prefer to stay silent , or try to avoid such conversation where I have different opinion from others.

2)When I share any opinion on religion, there are few things I make sure of before sharing:-

a)Firstly, I should have sufficient knowledge about that particular topic before sharing my opinion in a conversation.

b)Secondly, the enviroment of coversation. Sometimes there are such enviroments where I find it easy to share .

C) State of mind of a person.

Allah also gave the ruling of adultery with time by considering the minds of the people in a society.I took the lesson from this that sudden change of mind is not possible. So I also Consider the state of mind of a person and act accordingly.

D) When everything (a,b,c) fullfills the requirement of my comfort, then I do share my opinion on religion ,but at the same time I leave the choice to them to decide whether to believe in them or not.

3)Lastly, I go along with them. I mean when I offer namaz in a mosque or somewhere with friends, family members or relatives, then when I offer nafil namaz after farz, they think that I am offering sunnah namaz. It is normal for them to think, but when Nafil comes according to them, at that time I already complete my Namaz. That’s why people ask me sometimes why I have skipped Nafil Namaz, at that time I just say that I will read it later, or I just stay silent and nod my head.

So yeah I think the method which I have opted is fine.

Also I think It’s not necessary for me to convince everyone or expressing my opinion all the time until and unless I find it neccessary to share . I can simply stay silent and follow what I believe and act accordingly

• Umer

Moderator May 13, 2022 at 3:28 pm

There is nothing objectionable in your approach – its rather commendable.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member May 13, 2022 at 3:42 pm

Thank you so much sir🙏🏻❤.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register