Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Questions Regarding Ghamidi Sahab's Understanding Of Evolution

Tagged: ,

• Questions Regarding Ghamidi Sahab's Understanding Of Evolution

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on May 24, 2022 at 2:20 pm

I have few questions and confusions regarding the view and concept of Evolution by Ghamidi sahab.

The questions are :-

1) How can we be sure that the process of human formation took a long time?.

Why it can’t be possible that Allah did it all at once?.

2)What happened to all the creatures that were present when Adam(a.s) and eve were chosen as human beings?

As ghamidi sahab said, out of all the creatures, two were choosen as human beings, so did Allah destroyed all the creatures after selecting Adam(a.s) and Eve as human beings?

This is because if Allah did not destroy them then they should still be found in this world because before Adam(A.s) and Eve were chosen as human beings those creatures also had the abilty to reproduce.

There is also one possiblity that they become extinct with time and failed to adapt, but if so then Adam(a.s) and eve must have seen and lived with them?

3)Did Allah choose two of them to be a human randomly?.

If “Yes” then there is no question, but If “No” then there is 1 question arises.

That is, why did Allah choose two of them specifically?.

If the answer is that Allah has tested all of the them, then selected two of them as human beings, then another question arises, that is how Allah has tested all the creatures if they didn’t have the ability to think or anything which is a requirement for a creature to be in a test?

Obviously I am not questioning Allah but I am asking , did they have all the ability , or such things are not a requirement for anyone to be in a test?

Umer replied 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Questions Regarding Ghamidi Sahab's Understanding Of Evolution

Umer updated 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator May 26, 2022 at 11:36 pm

Ans to Q 1 and 2 are in domain of science so it can lead u there. There are speculation in science in terms of what happened to humanoid other than homospaiens

God created self sustaining system which needed it that my opinion. Actual reason are not told to us by God so all answer are pure speculation.

We need to understand our limits of knowledge sources. Whatever is told by God is enough to be successful in afterlife.

There is a good read about Adam and Eve by William Craig Read. I will mention that he written this book in specific background of Christianity and consider it a mythohistory. But still i find it interesting
    https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Historical-Adam-Scientific-Exploration/dp/080287911X

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member May 27, 2022 at 10:47 am

1) So, With the help of science Ghamidi sahab has interpreted this quranic explanation of human formation. This is because when we normally read the verse of Surah Sajdah (7-9) it seems that Allah has created human beings all at once.

And If Charles Darwin or anyone had not proposed the theory of evolution, then maybe Ghamidi sahab could never intrepret this verse in this way.

2)So can we say that, when Adam(A.s) and Eve were choosen as human beings ,many creatures were also present at that time?.

And Adam(A.s) and Eve must have seen and lived with them cause humanoids started to extinct when homo sapiens started spreading.

So at the time of Adam(A.s) and Eve there were only two human beings so they must have been with them, right?

Thank you bdw for the recommending this book. This book looks intresting. I will surely give this book a read.

• Ahsan

Moderator May 27, 2022 at 12:14 pm

@UmerQureshi sb has better grasp on this topic. He may give better response

• Umer

Moderator May 27, 2022 at 11:46 pm

Please take some time and go through my responses shared in the following thread and get back if there still remains any confusion:

Discussion 58286

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member May 28, 2022 at 3:12 pm

I went through all the responses but now I am more confused than before ..

I am presenting you the confusions that I have and I hope that you will help me to resolve it.

1) Questions regarding ghamidi sahab’s understanding of Surah sajdah verses(7-9):

i) How can we 100% sure that the clay took the shape of an egg and after many months/years a physical form of human came out of it?

Why it can’t be possible that Allah directly took the clay and made a physical form of human being?

ii) How can we sure that after many generations two individuals were chosen as human beings?.

Why it can’t be possible that first Allah made TWO physical form of human beings from the clay then gave them the ability to reproduce children then he perfected them and gave them Ruh?.

2)When ghamidi sahab himself said that all the fossil recorded resulted out to be false then how did he interpret this verse in this way?.

I mean, by simply reading quran, it’s impossible to interpret this verse of surah sajdah(7-9) in this way cause we also don’t find anything related to this matter in the hadiths or anything.

So Science had let Ghamidi sahab to interpret this verse in this way but he himself said that fossil fuels recorded proved to be false, so what was the need of Ghamidi sahab to interpret this verse in this particular way?.

I mean this interpretetion seems a good explanation of the fossil fuels found by the scientists, but at the same time ghamidi sahab does not believe in all of these evidences so I am unable to understand why he tried to explain these verses in this way. It seems he got the idea to explain these verses from such evidences but he also does not believe in all of these evidences..

3)Ghamidi sahab himself has said that we were not chimpanzees, but he also said that we were apes before becoming humans.

Aren’t apes and chimpanzees the same thing?

• Umer

Moderator May 29, 2022 at 9:24 pm

We cannot be 100% sure about anything regarding human creation as mentioned in Quran. What we can do is study all the verses in Quran related to human creation and then form an opinion that is more in line with these verses linguistically.

You are again requested to please refer to the Quranic verses and Videos shared in the following threads:

Discussion 65407

Discussion 61976

__

In short:

Firstly:

وَ لَقَدۡ خَلَقۡنَا الۡاِنۡسَانَ مِنۡ سُلٰلَۃٍ مِّنۡ طِیۡنٍ

[If those who deny you do not believe in this, then they should see]: “We had created a human being from the essence of clay”. (Quran 23:12)

The original word, translated here as ‘essence’, is ‘سُلاَلَة‘; it refers to a thing obtained from basic components of something and this word cannot be used for creating something from clay by hand.

Secondly:

Use of words صَلْصَالٍ كَالْفَخَّارِ (from clay which rings like its dry pieces) and صَلۡصَالٍ مِّنۡ حَمَاٍ مَّسۡنُوۡنٍ (with a stinking mud that rings) in Quran (55:14) and Quran (15:26) point to the egg like form took by the clay which dried to give a ringing sound.

Thirdly:

وَاللَّهُ أَنبَتَكُم مِّنَ الْأَرْضِ نَبَاتًا

and it is He Who has grown you from the earth in such an elaborate way. (Quran 71:17)

Thus referring to human beings sprouting from earth the way plants do.

Fourthly:

Use of word ثُمَّ سَوَّاهُ (then perfected it) in Quran (32:7-9) refer to a period of time for such perfection.

The way Quran has mentioned process of Human creation, it appears that there was no common ancestry as claimed by Neo-Darwinian Evolution. Human beings as a separate species were created from earth, they were neither apes nor chimpanzes, instead a specie separate from them grown from the womb of earth, as an unreformed corporal existence devoid of intellect and knowledge, perfected over time through evolutionary process and later on given Ruh as a divine process.

__

Please also refer to the following comments of Ghamidi Sahab (specifically from 08:35 to 09:38 and from 12:59 to 20:18)

The discussion "Questions Regarding Ghamidi Sahab's Understanding Of Evolution" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now