Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Criteria For Combining Two Salah

• Criteria For Combining Two Salah

Posted by Hafiz ghazi Sultan on June 11, 2022 at 11:29 am

I live in Europe where maghrib prayer time is 10 pm and Isha prayer time is 11: 20 pm. While fajar is at 3: 20 am. The period between isha and fajar is very short and not sufficient for rest. Could you please guide me on what should I do?

Can we offer maghrib and isha together?

Umer replied 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Criteria For Combining Two Salah

Umer updated 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member June 11, 2022 at 11:59 am

Combining prayers is allowed , but it should not be done in general. This is allowed when one faces undue hardship.

This means if you are busy with a task , and it leads you to combine maghrib and esha, then it’s fine, but if you are not busy, then you have to pray on time.

• Umer

Moderator June 12, 2022 at 1:57 am

There should be a valid reason (‘Usar’/undue difficulty) for combining and Qasar of Salah, and it is upto the individual to decide whether he or she is faced with such situation or not. Salah cannot be combined without any valid reason.

In all ibada rituals the principle is to move down to the closest secondary form (e.g. combining prayers) when there’s usr (hardship) (Further Detail: Discussion 66552). A general ruling can’t be made because the situation with one person may justifiably be a hardship, while with another it might be mere inconvenience. Therefore, the final decision on whether or not a particular situation can be justified as hardship rests with the individual.

There is a one narration from Ibn-e-Abbas (rta) in Sahih Muslim which does give an impression that this relaxation is not subject to any conditions. But when seen in the framework of Quran and Sunnah, those ahadith are also subject to usar.

• Umer

Moderator June 12, 2022 at 1:57 am

Please also refer to the video below from 1:54:08 to 1:59:41

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register