Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Permissiblity Of Personality Type Test Such As MBTI

• Permissiblity Of Personality Type Test Such As MBTI

Posted by Mohammed Zubair Alam on June 15, 2022 at 2:49 am

Is it alright to take MBTI personality test?

It’s actually helps a person to know about different personality types and also to know about himself. It also helps us to know about our weak functions. Like, after doing this test, one realizes that his thinking function is lower and undeveloped, so it can lead him to devolop his thinking function. Also If a person comes to know that his extroversion is undeveloped, then in this case the person can try to develop his extroversion to some extent .

The Personality type of a person depends on the first four strongest function. Weak functions develops over time. Although it’s not that the person’s personality should be accurate according to MBTI test. It’s just the tells the personality type of a person on the bais of his/her present personality characteristics. It’s also possible that a person’s characteristics have changed over time and then he has got another personality type according to the characteristics he possesses.

Mohammed Zubair Alam replied 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Permissiblity Of Personality Type Test Such As MBTI

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member June 15, 2022 at 4:23 am

Actually It’s more about discovering yourself. The more a person understand himself, the more he can take the test properly, or can know the personality type. I am not saying that everything should be accurate to this but it actually helps a person to understand himself and others

• Faisal Khan

Member June 15, 2022 at 4:28 am

I don’t know why did you even ask this question. Discovering yourself, your personality can’t be a sin. Come on

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member June 15, 2022 at 4:36 am

I agree with you brother , but I just ask this for comformation.

There are some scholars who say that if such things are not 100% accurate then it is a sin.

• Umer

Moderator June 16, 2022 at 7:58 am

Following of Speculations (Zanun ya Guman ki pairwi) is a Sin and therefore, Islam wants us to be careful when it comes to studies which are yet speculative in nature like astrology, palmistry etc. Following such subjects is a slippery slope and may lead one to start believing in speculations and ultimately to any form of polytheism. Therefore, one should tread carefully when sudying such subjects.

Personality tests however do not fall in this domain. They are not speculations, neither do they have any risk of polytheism in them. They are a factual study of human behaviour and induction drawn after studying such behavior.

Followign may be helpful in understanding Islam’s main concern in this regard:

Discussion 69719 • Reply 69881

Discussion 69719 • Reply 69882

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register