Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Can Forgiveness Of Drinking Alcohol Be In Less Than 40 Days?

• Can Forgiveness Of Drinking Alcohol Be In Less Than 40 Days?

Posted by Mustabshir Sadik on October 17, 2022 at 9:44 am

Did the Prophet say the forgiveness of drinking alcohol would be in 40 days? I did not understand the hadith regarding it.

I watched Ghamidi saab’s hadith videos but my question is if the Prophet (s) was saying repentance will be accepted within 40 days or the saying tells something else.

Very confused.

Videos watched:

https://youtu.be/sE-bAfXcXmw

https://youtu.be/KiC_WYBJZzk

Umer replied 1 year, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Can Forgiveness Of Drinking Alcohol Be In Less Than 40 Days?

Umer updated 1 year, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator October 17, 2022 at 11:32 am

The hadith tell that if a person repent within 40 days he can be forgiven. But if insist on it then repentance is of no value. Because, true repentance mean a person must stop from sin. In this way that person is doing rebellion against God with action.

• Mustabshir Sadik

Member October 17, 2022 at 12:22 pm

Right. But I don’t understand the meaning of if he insist then repentance is of no value. How because Allah forgives after everything. So this is confusing me. If after 40 days, he repents, he can be forgiven?

• Saad Aamir

Member October 17, 2022 at 2:22 pm

The concept of repentance is not to simply ‘ask’ forgiveness from Allah.

Repentance is to stop doing the sin.

Stop drinking and Allah will likely forgive and you will not suffer rejection of prayer for 40 days.
      Continue to drink then Allah may not forgive and for 40 days, your prayers may even be rejected by Him.

However, do not test Allah’s forgiveness. Do not repeat the sin intentionally (especially the extreme one like becoming drunk until you pass out), because then it becomes rebellion against Allah and to die in such a state will be costly on Day of Judgment.

• Mustabshir Sadik

Member October 17, 2022 at 11:53 pm

Right. Thank you

• Umer

Moderator October 19, 2022 at 10:05 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register