Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why Duas Are Not Answered?

• Why Duas Are Not Answered?

Posted by Taimur Mughal on October 19, 2022 at 4:15 am

I have a very difficult question.

If someone with knowledge can answer me I will be very thankful.

There is a friend of me I know he prays 5 times a day and stays away from big mistakes. The issue is with his dua canceled many times. Regarding succeeding I the test theory B for car.

He did the work he studied everytime he said and he failed 4 times in a row. When he went towards the exam centre he did dua to God that please God don’t fail me this time. He failed just with 1 point less. He could easily have passed , just that 1 point made him fail twice like that. In total he failed 4 times rill this day. Now he is thinking if God really does listen to duas. Because why did He not lend him and helping hand. He supplicate and did the work. What is the issue here if I may ask. I have thought and I am also confused.

Umer replied 1 year, 7 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Why Duas Are Not Answered?

Umer updated 1 year, 7 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Saad Aamir

Member October 19, 2022 at 4:36 am

I do not know your friend’s exact situation so only an answer on priniciple can be given. So consider the following points.

1. It is not an obligation upon Allah to give anyone what they ask for. Everything has always been a favor from Allah, one should be grateful that the Lord of the Universe even decided to take time to listen to us in the first place.

2. It is said that Allah will answer every dua but not necessarily in the way you want because point 1.

3. Point 2 exist because Allah has a better plan and it is a test of how much man is willing to trust his Lord.

4. This world is based also on a principle of cause and effect. If I don’t prepare for a test always, then I will by that priniciple will always fail it unless I make some changes in my preparation. If I am not capable of passing a test because of some weakness then until the weakness exist, it is likely that I will never pass that test. Allah may not always intervene, He does sometimes but not always because He doesn’t break world’s rules occasionally. You will have to go through this priniciple.

5. Because of how powerless we are against the reality of Allah’s Will, only thing you can do is just look at yourself, see what mistakes we are making, try a different approach, take a different path. It is may likely that Allah does not want people to go where they are headed or perhaps they are not yet ready to reach the destination so sometimes Allah will stop your path until you are ready.

6. The story/vision of Hazrat Musa (AS) and Al-Khidr in the Qur’an talks about how Allah may seem to do things that man doesn’t want but once the wisdom is shown, one can’t help but simply trust their Lord because He always has what is best for His servants when the final outcome of His plan is revealed.

• Taimur Mughal

Member October 19, 2022 at 4:50 am

These are indeed good points.

But my question is he did studied , and he went there 4 times humiliating himself and paying for the tests eveytime , did the dua and everything. Begged God to let him pass.

And I think he is very disappointed and when he told me that perhaps God does really not listen to supplications then to whom should one person supplicate if not the one that answers prayers! Secondly is it maybe he is stupid or he does not have that much great intelligence I think but he is not a stupid guy , I know him personally. Now that his imaan is in danger , because he is confused. After so much hurdle and pain still failing in such a degrading way what could be the wisdom behind it?

• Saad Aamir

Member October 19, 2022 at 5:10 am

It is not a point of intelligence necessarily. It could just be that Allah doesn’t want him on his current path or maybe he hasn’t learned something specific that Allah first want him to learn before He will allow him to pass. I can’t answer what he is missing, only he can do that after much thinking.

Secondly, I think your friend is making an error. Does he have eyes to see? Ears to hear? A mouth to speak with? Limbs? Does he get to eat and sleep under a roof everyday? Did he pray for every one of those things? Didn’t your friend also passed many exams in the past to get the current exam he has today?

Did not Allah answer his needs all those time? Then when his Lord did not answer him on time for only 4 times, he believes that his Lord does not answer him? This is not rational. He is overcome by emotions but the point of this test, this life, is not to pass a class, it is to show that you can be rational and not give in to emotion, remind him the actual test that matters, do not despair, indeed Allah will soon satisfy him if he trusts his Lord and remember all the good his Lord has done for him. He has enough reasons to trust his Lord.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 19, 2022 at 9:31 am

Please see:

Discussion 45673

• Umer

Moderator October 19, 2022 at 8:45 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register