Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hazrat Ayesha, Sawdah And The Context Of Hijab

• Hazrat Ayesha, Sawdah And The Context Of Hijab

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on October 26, 2022 at 3:34 am

Assalamualaikum,

Hello there, i have read in some places that after the Camel War (Jang e Jamal) hazrat Aisha used to cry when she used to read the verse of the Quran directing them to stay in their home i guess as ghamid Sahab explained in Surah Ahzab,

I’m sharing a portion of an article;

Hadrath Ayesha’s (r) entry onto the battlefield of Jamal was a violation of the Qur’an

The Qur’an states clearly with regards to the wives of Prophet (s): “And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance;….” Al-Quran 33:33b

In Tafsir Durre Manthur Volume 5 page 196 under the commentary of this verse we read a narration that states “when Hadhrath Saudah , wife of the Prophet (s), was asked why she did not perform Hajj and Umrah (regularly) like other wives of the Prophet (s)? Saudha said, “I have performed Hajj and Umrah (r) (before) and Allah has given me the order to stay at home. By God I will not leave home until my death.” The narrator added “by God, Saudah did not leave her home after the Prophet (s) until her death, when her funeral was taken out”.

This verse came down exclusively for the wives of the Holy Prophet (s) and in the commentary of this verse we can see that Hadhrath Sauda deemed it as a clear injunction for her to remain at home.

Prophet Mohammed (s) had told his wives during Hajjatul Wida (final pilgrimage) that this WAS their first and last Hajj and that in future they were to remain within their homes. To prove our claim we present al Bidaya wa al Nihaya Volume 7 page 104, where Ibn Kathir under the Chapter “Zainab binte Jahsh” records the following: “During the Farewell Hajj, Prophet (s) had told his wives that “This is your last Hajj, after that you have to pray on floor mats”. The narrator then added that except for Zainab bint e Jahsh and Saudah(RA) all other wives used to go for Hajj but these two used to say that “nothing shall move us”.

http://www.naseeb.com/villages/journals/hadrath-ayeshas-r-entry-onto-the-battlefield-of-jamal-was-a-violation-of-the-quran-30805.

Here it says how hazrat Aisha and Hazrat saudah reacted to this verse. Ghamidi Sahab explained in his series of Parda that these guidances in Surah Ahzab were of temporary nature, i.e because of the mischief of hypocrites and it was not a permanent injuction. But here we see that even after the death of Prophet (saw) what her wives reaction was about these verses as Hazrat Aisha participated in Jang e Jamal and Hazrat Saudah not going out of her house. Can you please explain this issue?

Umer replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Hazrat Ayesha, Sawdah And The Context Of Hijab

Umer updated 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 27, 2022 at 1:58 am

This is the difference of understanding in the application of the injunction between the wivies of the prophet and so it is between the scholars. Some wives did not specify it with the cause of the injunction against which it was initiated, and some others specified it the cause.

However, the impact of the injunction was always there. Hypocratic behaviour in people around them, many of whom were mischievious, could come up any way. So their differnece of opinion can be understood this way too that some did not see the threat of mischief agains their honour exist substantial, while some other still perceived it there.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 27, 2022 at 2:01 am

The narration, ““This is your last Hajj” needs to investigate first for its authenticity. and also for its conent that was it an order or advice or was it a comment or news that this was their last Hajj with the prophet, on the condition that the narration is authentic.

• Umer

Moderator October 28, 2022 at 10:30 pm

For point of view of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the following response:

Discussion 49844 • Reply 50357

___

Please also refer to the video below from 57:34 to 1:01:46

https://youtu.be/bBQ30vfW3YI?t=3454

The discussion "Hazrat Ayesha, Sawdah And The Context Of Hijab" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now