Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Tasawwuf And Comparison With Islam In The Context Of Incident Of Allama Iqbal

• Tasawwuf And Comparison With Islam In The Context Of Incident Of Allama Iqbal

Posted by Nasir Ata on November 12, 2022 at 9:33 am

I heard lectures of Ghamidi sb where he completely refutes tasawwuf. I heard and read an instance of Allama Iqbal hosting some buzurg at home in the middle of night and sending his khadim to fetch milk/ lassi from the market in very late hours. The Khadim later asked Allama who the visitor was and get an answer that the buzurg was some wali (forgot his name) , the Khadim narrated next day he didn’t find the shop from where he bought the milk/lassi.

So the question is if this incidence is true (or heard by Ghamidi sb) if yes what is his explanation on this

Umer replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Tasawwuf And Comparison With Islam In The Context Of Incident Of Allama Iqbal

Umer updated 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 12, 2022 at 9:43 am

Ghamidi sahab has not refuted tassawuf. He has only stated that in relation to Islam it is a completely different ideology.

With that said, in general such supernatural events in tassawuf are due to altered mental states and perceptions.

• Nasir Ata

Member November 12, 2022 at 9:54 am

I will check his lectures again, though I understand he did denounce and refuted tasawwuf. So the question remains does tasawwuf has any place in islam? I am least interested in knowing what it is and explanation of supernatural events. If tasawwuf cannot be explained in the lights of Islam then that’s a lost cause to me and am not interested to know about it

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 12, 2022 at 10:04 am

Please watch the following video from 38:50 till the end:

https://youtu.be/YyA-GqOKPGo?start=38m50s

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 12, 2022 at 10:05 am

Please also see:

Discussion 35913

• Umer

Moderator November 12, 2022 at 2:17 pm

Text and Video lectures (3 parts) in the following thread compare Islam and Tasawwuf and explain how Tasawwuf is a parallel religion:

Discussion 4851

___

Following is the complete incident of Allama Iqbal:

Please refer to the video below from 00:55 to 03:14

• Umer

Moderator November 12, 2022 at 2:17 pm

Following are the comments of Ghamidi Sahab on this incident:

Please refer to the video below from 27:53 to 31:59

• Umer

Moderator November 12, 2022 at 2:31 pm

How much Tasawwuf a Muslim can practice while staying within bounds of Islam:

Please refer to the video below from 1:26:20 to 1:29:41

https://youtu.be/EuvlYdkgehg?t=5180

The discussion "Tasawwuf And Comparison With Islam In The Context Of Incident Of Allama Iqbal" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now