Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Different Gambling Scenarios In Video Games

Tagged: 

• Different Gambling Scenarios In Video Games

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on November 13, 2022 at 8:47 am

Hello,

My question is that there’s a game that i play, where there is a battle of tanks and when you destroy tank of another player you get Silver Lions (Electronic coins in game with no monetary value in real life) and the other player loses Silver Lions because of their tank getting destroyed. The game keeps on giving free silver lions with time even if you don’t play and win. But some players use real money to purchase more of those Silver Lions to get more tanks for battles. So is it a type of gambling? Where i have to destroy or make him lose some Silver Lions to get myself some Silver Lions? So would it be a sort of gambling? Because one loses Silver Lions for other to earn Silver Lions. And sometimes some players instead of waiting to get Silver Lions recharged from game company, use real money to recharge Silver Lions (but those Silver Lions cannot be changed back to real money).

And even if we remove the element of skill here; that is, of trying to destroy tanks of enemy player. Even if it was of pure luck game, would it be Halal? Because Silver Lions have no monetary value in real life even if i lose or i win them. But those silver Lions can be taken by paying the game company real money. So they charge real money to give loads of Silver Lions which cannot be converted back to real money and the Silver Lions are used for playing a game of luck while the Silver Lions have no monetary value. Even though there is no Monetary value but losing them quickly can attract a player to use real money to recharge them instead of waiting out for a day or 2 etc. So keeping all these things in mind, is it Halal? Or it falls under Gambling

Note: these Silver Lions cannot be cashed back to real money.

Umer replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Different Gambling Scenarios In Video Games

Umer updated 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator November 13, 2022 at 10:43 pm

In the first scenario it is not gambling and hence not prohibited.

In the second scenario, this is not a practical example, because no online gambling operation can work if there is no real monetary payout. Online games involved in gambling always have monetary payout options and yes that would be considered as Gambling.

Please see for details:

Discussion 36671

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register