To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Issue About Bowing And Prostration For Respect

Tagged: ,

• Issue About Bowing And Prostration For Respect

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on December 1, 2022 at 10:26 am

Hello there,

My question is in following discussion

Discussion 30611 • Reply 30695

It was said that ceremonial kneeling was not prohibited before but in our shariah this was prohibited in the grounds of sadd e zariya. But the source for such prohibition was given as an Ayat of Quran, so i wanted to ask that if we read that ayat we see that it is that we should not prostate to moon and sun but Allah. But how can we conclude through it that the ceremonial kneeling like that was allowed before has been prohibited in our shariah?

One might say that sajdah can be used both bowing and Prostration, so here is the ‘Nass’ for prohibition of both. But in one video ghamid Sahab said that those postures that are in namaz have all been to some extent made prohibited to do for someone else,

Discussion 72777 • Reply 72825

Here he also says that standing of for someone with hands tied like we do in namaz and sitting on knees bending position like we do in namaz, I guess that’s what he meant when he said ‘Do zaano beth kar’, so he said that these have also become prohibited.

So from where can we find it’s ‘Nass’ and establish this ruling?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Issue About Bowing And Prostration For Respect

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 5, 2022 at 2:54 am

Adopting the positions or postures of prayer as they are is forbidden and they were never allowed in the previous Shariah too. However, gestures or postures of respect, not of worship which may come close to the postures of worship but not exactly performed like in prayer, are allowed, as no one gets confused that they are acts of worship.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register