Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Prophet Muhammad (sws) As The Leader Of Mankind

• Prophet Muhammad (sws) As The Leader Of Mankind

Abdur Rahman updated 1 year, 2 months ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 19, 2023 at 4:07 am

He is what God has told about him. He is the messenger, the role model in ethics. But he was not essentially a political leader. In his political leadership, he is still a role model in ethics. Now whoever accepts him, he is his messenger and the role model.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 19, 2023 at 7:30 am

Ok sir, I agree but I wanted to get clarity on these statements of the prophet

1. https://sunnah.com/bukhari:4712

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Some (cooked) meat was brought to Allah Apostle and the meat of a forearm was presented to him as he used to like it. He ate a morsel of it and said, “I will be the chief of all the people on the Day of Resurrection……

2. https://sunnah.com/muslim:523a

Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon hlmg) said:

I have been given superiority over the other prophets in six respects: I have been given words which are concise but comprehensive in meaning; I have been helped by terror (in the hearts of enemies): spoils have been made lawful to me: the earth has been made for me clean and a place of worship; I have been sent to all mankind and the line of prophets is closed with me.

3. https://sunnah.com/shamail:238

In the above hadith prophet is selling a free man Zahir (rta) and with this hadith scholars infer that entire ummah is slave of prophet muhammad (sws).

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 20, 2023 at 12:05 am

1. this is a narration of tafsir, and they are not authentic enough to make a ground for any argument. They can be presented only in support of something already established. We have to keep narrations in the frame of the religion to understand them. If we accept this narration the people would be the people of his Ummah, Muslims. and of course, we consider him our religious leader.

2. Translation of Fazilat, is not superiority but the distinguishing quality which may or may not be a superiority. The prophet explicitly forbade his followers from making him superior to other prophets. All prophets have equal status with different distinctions according to their circumstances.

3. This is a matter of fun. To sell a free man has been counted as a sin and crime. To attribute it to the prophet is not a good sense. No Haram thing is Halal for the prophet.

• Abdur Rahman

Member February 18, 2023 at 7:49 pm

@Irfan76 sir, could you please elaborate about the 1st point. Why tafsir narrations are weak and how its weak if its in Sahih Bukhari ?

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 22, 2023 at 8:00 am

Thanks @Irfan76 sir , 3rd point which you mentioned about selling a free man was an eye opener. Yes, something is seriously wrong with that hadith.

“Traditional narrative” put it under the principle that prophet (sws) jokes are also truth as he cant speak a lie.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 22, 2023 at 11:40 pm

Authentic traditional narrative too, does not adopt it.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 26, 2023 at 3:10 am

Traditional narrative in my region is still using this hadith in their azmath-e-sahaba jalsa lectures.

Attaching here the audio which I had about the hadith of Zahir (rta). (From 39:00 – 42:32).

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 26, 2023 at 10:23 pm

This is not an academic or scholarly narrative hence not traditional in this sense.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register