Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Lacking Interest In Religion Because Of Differences Of Opinions And Sects

Tagged: ,

• Lacking Interest In Religion Because Of Differences Of Opinions And Sects

Posted by MOHAMMAD MOINUDDIN HYDER on February 9, 2023 at 7:04 am

At the beginning i used to offer my salah regularly and azkaar as well getting connected with the religious deeds and aquiring the religious knowledge!

But been after coming through the difference of opinion of the respected Islamic scholars in verious issues

Especially in terms of pardah, getting education from opposite gender and the sects of islams.

Thses three basic issues made a kind hardship in my social and religious life

Not able to practice the mahuakm commandments the salah the zikar and not able to focus on education and begien socially isolated at this moment the way if thinking became indecent, vulgar, started questioning my self, what I was at beginning of my maturity age and how I am now?

Is there any kind of islamic guidance and opinion on this insane issue?

Its quite embarrassing to text such but it is an practical issue..

Umer replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Lacking Interest In Religion Because Of Differences Of Opinions And Sects

Umer updated 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator February 10, 2023 at 8:50 pm

It must be kept in mind that such issues might not always be religious at their origin, there could be some other psychological issue at work than a pure religious one, therefore it is advised to seek professional help in such instances as well.

The issues causing confusion and lack of interest as mentioned in the question, relate to matters of application and matters of interpretation, which are prone to different opinions. What is required of a Muslim is an honest attitude in this regard, meaning that whatever interpretation a Muslims considers most logical, he should follow that interpretation in these matters with utmost honesty. As per Quran, every human being will be tested according to their knowledge (See Quran 5:48Discussion 31131 • Reply 31203) and their action against that knowledge (See Quran 2:187Discussion 70014 • Reply 70117)

Contrary to this, the basis of religion is built on other arguments which are ‘mohkam‘ in their very existence and have no bearing on how one interprets a particular applied matter in religion (See: Discussion 1630). We pray to Allah because we have professed faith in Allah after going throuh a rational process of accepting Islam as religion, based on solid premises on which it stands, not on the interpretations of applied matters. Therefore, whenever faced with these dilemmas, we should go back to the origin and think about the basis of religion which stands on strong ground in isolation to these applied matters and why we are Muslim in the first place, instead of focusing of these differences in interpretation. And we should seek help of Allah from salah and steadfastness (sabr) as per Quran 2:153.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register