Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Participation In Sin Working As Brand Manager In Software House

• Participation In Sin Working As Brand Manager In Software House

Posted by Rehman Ali on February 14, 2023 at 3:40 pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

In this lecture تعاون علی الاثم کی حدود کیا ہیں؟

جاوید احمد غامدی

What are the limits of co-operation in sin?

Javed Ahmad Ghamidi sir gave his answer. I WANT TO KNOw that what if we are working in a software house as a brand manager, creating websites and platforms where the company can run marketing campaigns and generate sales. We see that in some incidents the sellers are not doing their job, but other times they are doing good. Some ripped off clients, some did good work. We see bad reviews as well on our sites. In this scenario, will the income of 1 person who is in the brand management department will be HALAAL? this is a case where company is solely ripping off clients and thats its moto, but in some incidents the clients got scammed because of either the sales people or I don’t know whether the management is involved as well. So please let me know what to do in this scenario. JAZAK ALLAH

Rehman Ali replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Participation In Sin Working As Brand Manager In Software House

Rehman Ali updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator February 15, 2023 at 1:13 am

Considering the statement made in the question i.e. “this is a case where company is solely ripping off clients and thats its moto“, it seems very unethical and one should try their best to find a better alternative. But in general circumstances, good and bad reviews are part of the job and if the company has good screening process in place to identify and remove scammers, then there is no blame on the person doing his job honestly if something goes sideways as a result of mischief or mistake (intentional or otherwise) at the end of another person.

• Rehman Ali

Member February 15, 2023 at 7:13 am

No i made a mistake. Its a software house. Its not their moto to rip off clients but in some cases i have seen clients giving chargebacks or saying they got scammed.

But not all the clients say it. Because the company is running and the merchants who hold money between parties release when the work is done good. I don’t know how to say it but it seems like there is both good and bad. I just want to know if I continue work in this company or go to another company where i see the same thing, will my income be halaal, considering im fulfilling my duties?

• Umer

Moderator February 15, 2023 at 7:40 pm

In that case there is no blame on you if someone does something unethical. The primary service being provided is Halal and so is the job done in that company. But in case one notices any anomaly or scamming, they should report it to the higher officials. Usually there are protocols already in place in companies to address such disputes.

• Umer

Moderator February 15, 2023 at 1:17 am

Videos of Ghamidi Sahab available in the following response shed further light on the matter in a very detailed manner:

Discussion 73584 • Reply 73660

• Umer

Moderator February 25, 2023 at 12:44 am

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please also refer to the video below from 45:30 to 46:33

https://www.youtube.com/live/NyN171MwbmM?feature=share&t=2730

• Rehman Ali

Member March 29, 2023 at 9:12 pm

ALLAH Apko bohot khush rkhen Umer bhai. I got my answer from the video you mentioned in your reply on Feb 25, 2023. You’ve helped me greatly. ALLAH apko iska ajar den ameen.

The discussion "Participation In Sin Working As Brand Manager In Software House" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now