Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Combining Salah Without Any Genuine Reason

Tagged: , ,

• Combining Salah Without Any Genuine Reason

Posted by Abdul on February 18, 2023 at 2:14 am

Is it permissible to combine prayers not only on journeys but also regularly Like Shi’a do and Is it done by Prophet Muhammad Peace be Upon him.

Umer replied 1 year, 1 month ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Combining Salah Without Any Genuine Reason

Umer updated 1 year, 1 month ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 18, 2023 at 10:54 pm

Salat is obligatory five times a day. In case of an undue difficulty, Zuhr and Asr, as well as Maghreb and Isha can be combined. In such cases 4 rakats can also be shortened to 2 rakats. Under normal circumstances, the five obligatory salat should be offered in their due time.

• Abdul

Member February 18, 2023 at 11:01 pm

But Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him combined the prayers without having any special circumstances, As Mentioned in these hadith So can we say it is sunnah to combine prayers in normal days.

Sahih Muslim (Sunni), English version, Chapter (COMBINATION OF PRAYERS, WHEN ONE IS RESIDENT), Tradition #1515 Ibn Abbas reported that the messenger of Allah(may peace be upon him) combined the noon prayer with the afternoon prayer and the sunset prayer with the Isha prayer in Medina without being in a state of danger or rainfall. And in the hadith transmitted by Waki(the words are): “I said to Ibn Abbas: What prompted him to do that? He said: So that his(prophet’s)Ummah should not be put to (unnecessary) hardship.”

Sahih Muslim, English version, Chapter (COMBINATION OF PRAYERS, WHEN ONE IS RESIDENT), Tradition #1520 Abdullah b. Shaqiq reported: Ibn Abbas one day addressed us in the afternoon(after the afternoon prayer) till the sun disappeared, and the stars appeared, and the people began to say: Prayer, prayer. A person from Banu Tamim came there. He neither slackened nor turned away, but (continued crying): Prayer, prayer. Ibn Abbas said: May you be deprived of your mother, do you teach me sunnah? And then he said: I saw the messenger of Allah(may peace be upon him) combining the noon and afternoon prayers and the sunset and Isha prayers. Abdullah b. Shaqiq said: Some doubt was created in my mind about it. So I came to Abu Huraira and asked him(about it) and he testified his assertion.

Sahih Muslim, English version, Chapter (COMBINATION OF PRAYERS, WHEN ONE IS RESIDENT), Tradition #1523 Abdullah b. Shaqiq al-Uqaili reported: A person said to Ibn Abbas(as he delayed the prayer): Prayer. He kept silent. He again said: Prayer. He again kept silent, and he cried: Prayer. He again kept silent and said: May you be deprived of your mother, do you teach us about prayer? We used to combine two prayers during the lifetime of the messenger of Allah(may peace be upon him).

Sahih Muslim, English version, Chapter (COMBINATION OF PRAYERS, WHEN ONE IS RESIDENT), Tradition #1524 Ibn Abbas reported: The messenger of Allah(may peace be upon him) observed the noon and afternoon prayers together in Medina without being in a state of fear or in a state of journey. Abu Zubair said: I asked Sa’id[one of the narrators] why he did that. He said: I asked Ibn Abbas as you have asked me, and he replied that he[the Holy prophet] wanted that no one among his Ummah should be put to [unnecessary] hardship.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 18, 2023 at 11:08 pm
  • Abdul

Member February 18, 2023 at 11:21 pm

Thank you I Got it.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member February 19, 2023 at 4:00 am

@faisalharoon , Sir, But if we looks back at the Israelite era, they also combined Dhuhr with Asr, and Maghrib with Isha. Only at the day of Shabbat, they would pray at five different times.

According to Engr. Muhammad Ali Mirza (ha), the prayers can be combined without a reason, but praying at 5 different times is Recommended and desirable (Mustahabb).

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 19, 2023 at 4:26 pm

As explained in the link I shared above, the Quran which we know with certainty to be the word of God cannot be contradicted with anything else less reliable. Not understanding or consistently applying this principle leads us to many misconceptions. If we understand this principle and apply it consciously then everything falls in place.

• Umer

Moderator February 24, 2023 at 11:59 pm

For short comments of Ghamidi Sahab on these narrations of Ibn-e-Abbas (rta):

please refer to the video below from 1:57:18 to 1:59:41

https://www.youtube.com/live/uqa3IcMVdW0?feature=share&t=7038

The discussion "Combining Salah Without Any Genuine Reason" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now