Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Immigrating From A Muslim State To Non-Muslim State

• Immigrating From A Muslim State To Non-Muslim State

Posted by Muhammad Talha on February 23, 2023 at 5:20 am

What is the guidance of religion on migrating from a Muslim state to a non Muslim state for a better future?

I live in Pakistan and in the past year or so things have gone downhill, and the future also looks bleak. Other than the economic situation, it’s the lawlessness and no security and justice which stresses me a lot, I worry about myself and my family’s future. The people are getting more and more extreme and tolerance is going out of the window.

I have the option to migrate to Canada, that I want to take but at the same time I feel guilty of being selfish and leaving my fellow country men behind and not doing anything about fixing the system, what is the guidance of religion in this matter? What is my responsibility in such a scenario? Migration will be selfish? Like jump ship?

Umer replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Immigrating From A Muslim State To Non-Muslim State

Umer updated 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Muhammad Talha

Member February 23, 2023 at 5:21 am
  • Saad Aamir

Member February 23, 2023 at 6:05 am

Kindly watch this video at:

0:24 – 0:39

https://youtu.be/ZXvmcA1ZTRE?t=24

• Umer

Moderator February 27, 2023 at 9:09 pm

There is no religious bar in migrating to any country where one is free to practice religion. However, a Muslim should also weigh-in other factors before making any such decision. For example, some pertinent questions to ask are what implications the culture of that specific place would have on one’s children and how would it affect their upbringing and specially their relationship with religion, the issue regarding maintaining balance between freedom of speech and sanctity of religion in the context of blasphemy, the issue of homosexuality and LGBTQ movements etc. etc.

Bottomline is that it should not be an emotional or an abrupt decision, but rather a well thought and well rationalized decision.

Following videos will help you understand some issues faced by parents in this regard:

Please refer to the video below from 53:47 to 56:10

https://www.youtube.com/live/mIaLKxXJiJg?feature=share&t=3227

Please also refer to the following link:

Discussion 39394 • Reply 39449

Please also refer to the video below from 58:14 to 1:02:06

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register