Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Celebrating Holidays Based On Lies

Tagged: 

• Celebrating Holidays Based On Lies

Posted by Abdullah AbdulRahman on April 2, 2023 at 11:55 am

Assalamualaikum

Saw videos of Ghamidi sahab and other things regarding this question, i have come to the conclusion that celebrating non religious holidays are allowed (as long as it doesn’t contain any haram). And Prophet SAW also fasted with jews in madinah (and if i can recall correctly then jews also believed Aziz SAW to be the son of God, but don’t know if this was mainstream jew belief in madinah or just a small group)

And if in a total holiday they are doing some un-Islamic activity so we have to avoid that activity but still can celebrate holiday. But for example problem lies in that easter is celebrated with a belief on the resurrection of Jesus SAW which is a historical lie which Quran said lie, Halloween (historically based on superstitious beliefs), holi (victory of Vishnu diety (a total religious lie)), Diwali (birth of Lakshmi, a goddess) etc. So these are apparently (to me) un-Islamic things(historical lies, superstitions) which could make it haram to celebrate. (If you can answer every example separately, it should be appreciatable)

Ahsan replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register