Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam OCD And Doubts On Religion

Tagged: 

• OCD And Doubts On Religion

Posted by muhammad saad on April 7, 2023 at 2:08 am

I am a most probably a ocd patient.i became uncertain doubtful of my intentions.i am giving so much importance to unwanted thoughts.

1:My question is is it a sins if a person had such thoughts but he had not implemented on such thoughts.

2:can i trust myself and decide to repent on zanay ghalib of my doubt if its real or not?

Umer replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • OCD And Doubts On Religion

Umer updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator April 7, 2023 at 8:28 pm

In addition to seeking medical help, I think you need to categorize your doubts whether they relate to matters of belief or some application matters. If it’s the former then know that you or I are not required to have an absolute belief, instead reasonable assurance (more likely than not) is enough for us Muslims. And we have enough evidence to have this kind of belief.

Please also refer to the videos of Ghamidi Sahab in the following thread:

Discussion 48007

If it’s the latter, then this is something by nature bound to have differing views and conflicting views at times. It is not something to be alarmed when one sees differences in applications, since they are human understanding of a matter and is by nature bound to have different applications.

If such doubts do occur, then mere occurrence of these doubts do not make one sinful, instead one should ignore them altogether, specially if they are persistent and have no ground to begin with. There is no such thing as ‘zannay ghalib‘ of a doubt, you can ignore them without categorizing them as ‘zannay ghalib‘ or otherwise. But if some genuine questions on religion arise which require academic response, then you should seek answers, in this forum and in other forums as well.

Following thread contains some useful information and videos on this issue of OCD related to religious matters:

Discussion 5479

• muhammad saad

Member April 8, 2023 at 3:54 am

@UmerQureshi brother

My doubt is what if i intentionally shake hand with someone so that he is killed due to flu what if cough intentionally to get my family killed ( (i had no evidence of doing this with that)

these unwanted thought are coming out of fear of punishment of intentional murder.

Some day ago i start doubting doing shirk again i don,t have any evidence i have done this.

• Umer

Moderator April 9, 2023 at 8:46 pm

These are frivolous doubts and have no standing in religion and should be ignored. Just for the sake of argument, if you cough and someone gets sick and dies because of that, then there is no blame on the person when an unintentional murder happens where person has no intentional mistake in it. Same goes for Shirk, you never had any such firm intention, hence there is no blame on you.

Whenever such a doubt strikes you, just follow one rule of thumb and ignore it and focus on something more productive, do some tasbih or offer nafl prayer or seek Allah’s protection.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register