Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Working For Finance Company Remotely Which Is Operates In Europe

• Working For Finance Company Remotely Which Is Operates In Europe

Posted by Muhammad Ali Sami on April 8, 2023 at 4:09 pm

ASSALAM O ALLAIKUM

I am concerned in light of Hadith 4093 sahih muslim volume 4-

I am based in Pakistan and I provide services remotely to a company which operates in Europe, Nature company business is providing interest based lending. and I remotely provide analysis and prepares financials as per reporting requirements. also update principal balance balance based on data they provide.

Initially I wasn’t aware about the company operation because i was hired by an hr company and who assigned me with this company .

Now that i am aware and concerned, but not sure. does my current role falls under the category as of above sahih Hadith ? As a person among who write it down interest related transactions.

Even though this company does not operate where I reside nor they engage in transactions with Muslims, and i am not deeply involve in business except as being a consultant.

Please advise In light of above facts, I am confused should I resign or not.

Thank you.

Umer replied 9 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Working For Finance Company Remotely Which Is Operates In Europe

Umer updated 9 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator April 9, 2023 at 10:19 pm

The word مُوْكِل in the hadith is used for a person who makes others consume interest. Linguistically, it can refer to a person who pays interest and also to people who are the agents of professional lenders and in this capacity hunt for potential customers for their masters. If lending on interest becomes a business, then such agents are its essential need; without them, the business of lending interest bearing loans cannot be run. If the narrative relates to such people, then there is no complexity in the narrative because this is blatant co-operation with evil (taawun ala al-ithm). As agents of interest-lenders, those who prepare agreements and documents for them and act as witnesses, their matter too is no different. The service provided by bank staff of these times is of similar nature.(Please see: Discussion 72050 • Reply 72183)

But Considering the pervasiveness of banking and financing sector in all the economies of the world, Ghamidi Sahab is of view that job in any such institution would be tolerated on the princple of ‘umum-e-Balwa‘ until the time we find a better alternative to the current Banking sector and Riba is outlawed in the society. Until that time, the prohibition should limit to earning/consuming of Riba directly. For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the videos below.

Please refer to the video below from 01:00 to 3:13

https://youtu.be/KWRkXCOEnos?t=60

• Umer

Moderator April 9, 2023 at 10:19 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 50:30 to 52:06

https://youtu.be/oX_ykjohmFw?t=3030

• Umer

Moderator October 5, 2023 at 8:31 am

Please also refer to the video below from 48:42 to 52:48

https://www.youtube.com/live/NyN171MwbmM?si=9MdU0pDzifVgitO1&t=2922

The discussion "Working For Finance Company Remotely Which Is Operates In Europe" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now