A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Importance Of Adhan

Tagged: 

• Importance Of Adhan

Umer updated 10 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 15, 2023 at 3:55 am

Yes, it is compulsory. It is the part of Sunnah of congregtional prayer, not for indivdual prayer.

• Haroon Shahroom

Member May 16, 2023 at 3:35 pm

Thank you sir ❤️

• Haroon Shahroom

Member June 1, 2023 at 12:45 pm

Sorry sir but i’m little bit confused… because you said that it is compulsory to give adhan, But Javed Ahmed Ghamidi sir said that Aqamat is compulsory not adhan…

Please explain

Thanks a lot.

The link of the video of Ghamidi sir:

https://youtu.be/0wSJFAeYcI0?t=455

• Umer

Moderator June 1, 2023 at 9:28 pm

If the objective is to call other people for congregational Salah to the mosque or some other place designated for congregational Salah, then Adhan would be required in additon to aqamat. But if a group of people just want to hold Jamat at any place, then only aqamat would be necessary.

As for Obligation of Praying in a Mosque, please refer to the videos of Ghamidi Sahab shared in the following thread:

Discussion 83388

• Haroon Shahroom

Member June 3, 2023 at 1:18 am

Thanks sir but Dr Irfan shazad sahab said that “it is the part of sunnah of congretional prayer”, so doesn’t that mean that it is compulsory to give adhan for any congregational prayer (even if there is no objective/purpose to call people for prayer)

Please explain

(Sorry for all these questions, but i just want to clear my confusion)

Thanks

• Umer

Moderator June 4, 2023 at 5:14 pm

It is part of Sunnah to give adhan when calling others for Prayer. Since mosques are built primarily for this purpose, so Adhan is required to be given to call people to pray in mosque. In short, it can be said that Adhan is compulsory and is a part of Sunnah, but it is subject to the qualification mentioned above.

• Haroon Shahroom

Member June 1, 2023 at 12:50 pm

I have one another question related to the prayer please answer this one too… thanks

It is compulsory for a muslim to pray in a mosque 🕌?

Because i live in Italy which is a non muslim country and there is no masjid near my house…

Thank you a lot

• Umer

Moderator May 15, 2023 at 7:59 am

Please see for details:

Discussion 53028

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register