Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Divorce In The State Of Anger Considered Valid

Tagged: 

• Is Divorce In The State Of Anger Considered Valid

Posted by Anur Mani on July 1, 2023 at 10:33 pm

Is divorce in the state of anger considered valid when husband and wife both doesn’t want any divorce. It was a slip of tounge at the heat of the moment.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 10 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Is Divorce In The State Of Anger Considered Valid

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 10 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 3, 2023 at 1:39 am

Kindly refer to the following thread.

Discussion 35097

• Anur Mani

Member July 3, 2023 at 7:19 am

Jazakallah Khair

I checked them all. Whatever I understood that it depends on the judge he can invalidate the divorce considering circumstances and he can validate it according to circumstances. Right now I can’t take judgement from any scholar near me because they are on the view that a divorce happens as soon as it’s uttered doesn’t matter whatever the situation is. My husband doesn’t know the actual procedure of divorce but he said that in the state of anger and at the heat of moment. We both don’t want to work upon it. His intentions were never to divorce. Please enlighten me about the state of the divorce.

May Allah bless you

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 4, 2023 at 1:16 am

If you are satisfied with his statement, and he can swear upon God that it was not his intention, then it is not a dispute which may necessitate going to some arbitrator. You can accept his excuse and the matter can be solved. Your husband should ask for forgiveness from God as divorce is not a trivial thing to play with.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register