Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Sila Rehmi And Limiting Interaction

Tagged: ,

• Sila Rehmi And Limiting Interaction

Posted by Sameer Namole on August 15, 2023 at 11:47 pm

I want to ask whether it’s necessary to provide an answer or respond every time someone talks to you or asks you something. or can you choose not to reply at all?

What I mean is that some people ask numerous questions, constantly inquire about every little thing, which can make a person get bored and not feel like answering so many questions.

And similarly, some people can be negative; they have a habit of finding faults in others and seeking negativity. Sometimes these people might be close relatives, part of your household, or even present in your office or workplace.

My question is, there could be such people whom you encounter many times during your day, but if you are aware of their negative tendencies, you might not want to talk to them. If there’s a task, you would definitely help them. You simply don’t wish to interact with them. So, would this be considered against Sila Rehmi? I mean, sometimes someone very close might be there, and you wouldn’t want to talk to them at all. But if there’s a need, you would surely help them. So, is this against the norms of sila rehmi?

I want to cut my interaction with those people, while I will keep helping them if there comes a task but I seriously don’t want to talk with them. They are very near blood relations too. Can I do so? I will say “assalamualaikum” and “walekumassalam” and maybe other formal greetings too, but can I stop talking about all irrelevant or informal topics? I seriously wants to do so otherwise many times there’s always some sort of emotional damage because of their behaviour. I just want to know if this approach of mine will affect my rank in Jannah etc

Hope you understand the question

Umer replied 8 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register