Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Not Talking To Your Muslim Brothers?

• Not Talking To Your Muslim Brothers?

Posted by Ibrahim Ali on August 9, 2023 at 2:47 am

I wanted to ask there is a hadith which actual words I don’t remember but it sounds stricts

The hadith is (mafhum)

No Muslim is allowed to not to talk to his Muslim brother more then 3 days,

Another hadith qoutes,

(It’s mafhum is):

Whoever break the relations of kinship he won’t enter in Jannah,

Or another ,

Allah won’t accept the prayer of one who has some argument going on with someone and he don’t reconcile,

Plz clear the confusions here,,

Umer replied 9 months ago 2 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • Not Talking To Your Muslim Brothers?

Umer updated 9 months ago 2 Members · 19 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator August 10, 2023 at 12:37 am

Please watch the videos provided in the following threads where Ghamidi Sahab has taught these ahadith and explained their rationale:

Discussion 38094

Discussion 40791

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 10, 2023 at 12:40 am

Jazakallah ☺️

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 10, 2023 at 4:49 am

Brother reply my one question on this regard

If someone from your house has a conflict going on with your parents who already live with u but the natural intention of that person is to take heed to different paths ,, like she keeps on insulting your parents and even now have blamed your father for bad gaze while he is the most practicing person at home , and now if I don’t talk to her what’s the ruling ..

Like I know about myself my anger is alot uncontrollable

So I don’t say anything so I won’t hurt her till she cross her limit

I have stopped talking to her as she don’t interact to me too so I also don’t do it,

If she sometimes do it I’ll do it too as it is not something which will kill me,

But I no longer wants to see her or meet her in future if we get separated from house,

What’s should I do,

I want my mental peace and I also don’t want to say anything to her right now

But if she camed across sometimes I’ll do greet her,,

There’s so much hatred right now

What’s the ruling

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 10, 2023 at 4:50 am

I remember I have heard some hadith on hatred too

Is there any it there is what’s the ruling

And the upper hadith on qatta e talluqi is it just for family and close ones

Or even for the formal frnds or college too

Kindly elaborate it ,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 10, 2023 at 12:09 pm

There’s also another hadith I listened,,

Those who don’t forgive won’t be forgiven by Allah,

So are we obligated to forgive everyone??

Plz elaborate these hadith Nd there context

Jazakallah

• Umer

Moderator August 11, 2023 at 6:30 am

Islam does not want us to maintain an informal relationship with everyone, but a formal relationship should never be cut off. As long as you are greeting the other person when you see them, it is perfectly fine. This applies to all our relationships but we should be more careful regarding familial relationships.

Since I do not have reference for the Hadith regarding forgiveness mentioned by you above, therefore I cannot comment on it in the absence of a Proper reference.

As a principle, Quran allows a victim to take revenge from the perpetrator but encourages forgiveness.

Please See: Quran 4:148-149, Quran 42:39-42 AND Quran 24:22.

We find the same encouragement of forgiveness in some Ahadith as well.

For example, please refer to the video below from 40:23 to 47:25

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 11, 2023 at 7:54 am

Brother then tell me like no matter the circumstances or situation I’m in

Allhumdulilllah I consider myself a coward if I got no courage to say greetings to them

But what’s the ruling that when she done bad but still I’m always ready to answer her greetings if she do so

But she intentionally ignores and don’t greet even after watching us and don’t like to talk while she is on the wrong,, but I am ready to reply when she does,,

And also will it be obligatory to always be involved in their good or bad moments,

Or like I don’t go to the homes of my relatives,, it’s when my parents force me to,

Will it be consider a sin?

When everyone so busy in their own life and I also don’t find it amusing to involve in others matters ,

Jazakallah for the help

Kindly elaborate

• Umer

Moderator August 12, 2023 at 2:04 am

It is not obligatory to go meet your relatives every day. What is required is that you should participate in significant events of their lives through your presence (either happy events or sad events), be ready to talk to them if need arises, have a good formal relation and no envy or bad feelings about them in your heart. Your overall attitude should not give an impression of relations being cut off with anyone. This does not mean that you should be frank with everyone, rather you have a complete right to keep a respectable distance as far as frankness is concerned.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 12, 2023 at 2:57 am

So if someone got a I’ll feelings in their hearts

Would they never enter Jannah

As there is a hadith which states something similar,,

Like if we just drop the family member out of the matter here

And speak about general,,

Then

If a person got I’ll feelings for a certain person who is not his close someone but he does something bad to him ,then

In that case no one would be the one having enemies

If I got enmity with someone am I the sinner or the person who will never enter Jannah??

• Umer

Moderator August 12, 2023 at 3:04 am

Cutting off ties with close family members is a major sin nevertheless, however we do not have the authority to tell whether the person will go to Jannah or not. It is a kind of sin which can deprive one of Jannah but it is for the God to decide whether he forgives the person or not. If the relationship is of weak nature and not of a close family member, then the severity of the sin would reduce. In some exceptional cases, if the other person is continuously damaging the repute and other social matters of the first person, then cutting ties may become a genuine excuse in front of Allah on the day of judgement. The individual needs to make an honest assessment.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 12, 2023 at 3:08 am

Ok, but if someone got I’ll feelings then ??

It’s Impossible as a human being to never hate someone,,

And if someone just cut off the ties with someone for their own mental peace,,?

And if someone is toxic for them or you r toxic for other person

Then one should

• Umer

Moderator August 14, 2023 at 10:59 pm

Loving and Hating is part of who we are as human beings. There is nothing wrong with having a feeling of hate at times. However, that hate should not reach to a level where we start wishing ‘ill‘ for the other person or commit an act against the person which would result in major sins. Therefore, in order to avoid any such extreme, it is required of a Muslim to not cut off relationships completely because even when we have a formal relationship, we tend to not go to any extreme against the other person, even the ones whom we hate initially and sometimes, through such interactions, that hate also starts to melt away with time.

Either way, bottom line is that in order to show that we do not hold any ill against the other person, Islam wants us to show as a gesture of good faith to never cut off ties, especially the familiy ties or with blood relationships. In extreme scenarios, where the other person’s only objective is to hurt you, your wealth and honor all the times, then such a formal relationship can be minimized to a great extent to mere basics where the other person should get no chance to hurt you anymore.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 15, 2023 at 1:29 am

I see but if the person is your open enemy and there’s going a war between you , then??

• Umer

Moderator August 15, 2023 at 6:00 am

In that instance we have every right to self-defense. However, we should not do any injustice, no matter the situation.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 15, 2023 at 6:03 am

I I was talking abt if somebody got that type of hatred towards their enemy,

• Umer

Moderator August 15, 2023 at 6:08 am

We should try not to have such extreme feelings about others. Even if we hate someone, we should not cut off ties completely, if they are our relatives or friends. We can still have a minimal formal relationship with our relatives.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 15, 2023 at 6:04 am

Brother kindly answer to the others threads which I started too,

Few people answered but I’m not so satisfied by the answer and I’m more confuse too,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 15, 2023 at 6:11 am

But what if people got that feeling,

That is also a case when someones’s mother is murdered

People do got hatred

In my aspect I think it’s abt when a person got I’ll feeling towards people bcz of their success or good they feel jealous and hatred towards them

Maybe it’s abt it other can be exceptions

• Umer

Moderator August 15, 2023 at 6:19 am

If someone is getting jealous of others because of their success then they should do self-accountability. It is a fault at the person’s end and it should be rectified as soon as possible.

Please see:

Discussion 79408 • Reply 79559

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register