Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy A Muslim’s Outlook For The Future?

Tagged: 

• A Muslim’s Outlook For The Future?

Posted by Muhammad Talha on September 11, 2023 at 1:05 pm

I know it is expected of us to be positive but I worry a lot knowing that this world is a test and there are going to be afflictions in it, I am ready and willing to deal with them on a personal level but them affecting my close loved ones is something I cannot tolerate. As a result, I try to isolate myself as much as I can do when some hardship comes on me, no one else has to suffer because of it, only I. For example, if I get sick or get involved in an accident, that would bring so much pain to my parents and family and it completely lies outside of my control but still I will be the cause of their suffering. This thought also leads me to not marry or start a family for then the partner and kids would be suffering the same.

I know I am not thinking straight. I am in a really perplexing situation, kindly answer, if possible get an insight from JAG Sb on this.

Thanks.

Umer replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • A Muslim’s Outlook For The Future?

Umer updated 7 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Saqib Ali

Member September 12, 2023 at 3:13 am

السلام علیکم دیکھیے ایک بندہ مومن کی پوری زندگی یا تو اس کے صبر کا امتحان ہے یا اس کے شکر کا۔ اللہ تعالی اپنے بندے کو جب اپنی خاص نعمتوں سے نوازتے ہیں تو اس میں گویا ہمارے شکر کا امتحان ہے کہ ہم ان نعمتوں میں رہتے ہوئے اللہ تعالی کو یاد رکھ کر زندگی گزار رہے ہیں یا نہیں۔ ایسے ہی اگر ہم پر کوئی مصیبت اگئی یا کوئی بیماری اگئی تو اس میں کہیں ایسا تو نہیں کہ ہم نے صبر کا دامن ہاتھ سے چھوڑ دیا۔ اگر ہم نے صبر و شکر میں ویسا رویہ رکھا ہوا ہے جیسے رویہ اللہ کو پسند ہے تو انشاءاللہ اس سے ہم جنت میں اعلی درجات پائیں گے۔ ایسے میں وہ روایت بھی یاد رکھنی چاہیے جس میں اللہ کے نبی نے فرمایا کہ ایک بندہ مومن کو اس دنیا میں اگر ایک کانٹا بھی چبتا ہے تو وہ اس کے لیے کسی گناہ کا کفارہ بن سکتا ہے۔

اب آپ کی یہ بات کہ بعض مرتبہ ہم پر ایسی تکالیف آتی ہیں جن کی وجہ سے نہ صرف ہم بلکہ ہمارے قریبی احباب بھی تکلیف میں مبتلا ہو جاتے ہیں، تو دیکھیے جس طرح ایک شخص انفرادی طور پر امتحان میں مبتلا ہے ایسے ہی ایک ریاست، معاشرہ یا خاندان بھی امتحان میں مبتلا ہوتا ہے۔ ہماری وجہ سے ہمارے والدین جو تکلیف میں مبتلا ہوتے ہیں اس میں بھی ان کا وہی امتحان مقصود ہوتا ہے جس کا ذکر ہم نے اوپر کیا ہے۔ اب کسی کا یہ فیصلہ کہ وہ شادی ہی نہ کرے کہ اس کی وجہ سے مسائل ائیں گے یا اولاد ہی پیدا نہ کرے کہ یہ ستائے گی تو اس کا یہ اپنا فیصلہ ہے اور اسے یہ کرنے کا اختیار ہے تاہم ایسا نہیں ہے کہ اس سے اس کے مسائل ختم ہو جائیں گے۔ جب تک زندگی ہے مسائل تو رہیں گے کیونکہ یہ زندگی جنت نہیں ہے بلکہ جنت کی تیاری کے لیے دی گئی ہے

ایسے میں ہمیں قرآن سے یا کسی مستند کتاب سے پیغمبروں کے قصے پڑھ لینے چاہیے کہ ان پر کس طرح کی مشکلات ائیں اور انہوں نے ان مشکلات کا مردانہ وار مقابلہ کیا اور وہ دنیا و اخرت میں سرخرو ہوئے۔ امید ہے بات واضح ہو گئی ہوگی

• Umer

Moderator September 12, 2023 at 11:03 am

For an insight directly from Ghamidi Sahab, you are requested to please register for the next Ask Ghamidi Live Session at the following link:

Discussion 87560

• Umer

Moderator September 12, 2023 at 11:25 am

The only thing that makes us accountable on the day of judgement is our ‘ikhlaaqi wajood’, for which basic potential has been given to every human being. The rest of the abilities (poetry, becoming scholar, getting married, having children etc.), have been left to the human intellect, and history tells that humans have used those skills appropriately in most of the cases. However, it is not a matter of accountability. In this context, a person is only given additional responsibility, if he/she consciously chooses to take that responsibility i.e. become a scholar of religion, for example. Not everyone goes to a forest to live there all alone because we have this innate urge within us to seek the world and gain success in this world, have a family and other social relationships etc. This world is instituted on the principle of tests and trials and it is an inevitable requirement of this scheme that a person should engage with the world and then polish their ‘ikhlaaqi wajood’ while engaging in this world. There can be no test without participation. Even if a person chooses not to marry and to not have children (which he can, although discouraged) then still the scheme of tests and trials will take its course through other means; even if a person chooses to live in isolation in a Jungle, He can escape from the test from one dimension but considering the uncountable dimensions of this test, He will be tested nevertheless.

Therefore, it is recommended that a person should stick to the natural course of life which is more in line with their nature as a human being. Taking extraordinary steps like isolation, celibacy etc. may pose some attraction in the short-run, but they are more likely to cause damage than any benefit to the person.

Videos in the following threads explain the nature of test we all have been put through and the hardships that come with it and how to cope with them:

Discussion 76582

Discussion 58709

__

Regarding escaping from this life, please also refer to the video below from 3:13 to 7:55

• Umer

Moderator September 12, 2023 at 11:29 am

Also Ghamidi Sahab considers the decision to not marry and to not have children without any genuine reason as an escape from the scheme of this world:

Please refer to the following video from 1:52:23 to 1:56:14

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register