Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Inquiry Regarding Hadith Al-Bukhari, No. 3448: Interpretation And Insight Needed

Tagged: , ,

• Inquiry Regarding Hadith Al-Bukhari, No. 3448: Interpretation And Insight Needed

Posted by Hamza Faheem on September 28, 2023 at 1:58 am

I seek your insight and Ghamidi Sahb’s interpretation of a specific hadith from al-Bukhari, no. 3448, narrated by Abu Hurairah radhiyallahu ‘anhu, where the Prophet PBUH is reported to have said:

“By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, surely (Jesus,) the son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind justly (as a Just Ruler); he will break the Cross and kill the pigs and there will be no Jizya (i.e. taxation taken from non-Muslims). Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it, and a single prostration to Allah (in prayer) will be better than the whole world and whatever is in it.”

My inquiries are as follows:

1. How does Ghamidi Sahb interpret the phrase “kill the pigs” within this hadith? Does he believe it to have a symbolic representation, and if so, what does it symbolize? Who or what are referred to as ‘the pigs’ in this context?

2. Does Ghamidi Sahb provide any insights into the implications of the breaking of the Cross and the abolition of Jizya in this hadith?

3. How does this hadith, according to Ghamidi Sahb’s interpretation, correlate with Islamic eschatology, particularly concerning the role of Jesus (PBUH) in the end times?

Eager to understand the depth of this hadith and Ghamidi Sahb’s perspective on it.

Jazak’Allah!

Hamza Faheem replied 5 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Inquiry Regarding Hadith Al-Bukhari, No. 3448: Interpretation And Insight Needed

Hamza Faheem updated 5 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator September 28, 2023 at 12:08 pm

please see Discussion 35124 • Reply 85380 for comments on similar narration

• Hamza Faheem

Member November 9, 2023 at 8:48 pm

I’ve gone through the links but they don’t answer this question specifically. Would it be possible to ask Ghamidi Sahb in one of the question answer questions?

Thank you!

• Umer

Moderator November 13, 2023 at 10:20 pm

This narration was discussed in a lot of detail in the last recording on this topic, which was done as a “Zameema” to the whole topic and Ghamidi Sahab expressed his view in this regard. I am sharing that specific episode below which was also shared by Ahsan Jalal Sahab above.

https://youtu.be/ZRy1cv5leYU?si=YCayv5XQjWB1NMXA

• Hamza Faheem

Member November 24, 2023 at 2:35 pm

I’ve found my answer here. Thank you so much!

Jazak’Allah!

• Hassan Izhar

Member November 9, 2023 at 11:25 pm

Ghamidi sahab has clarified this misconception many times. Quran provides overwhelmingly convincing evidence that Jesus PBUH will not return. Please see the “Nazool e Masih series”, part of 23-objections series available on YouTube for a detailed refutation and/or alternative interpretation of all such narrations.

Please also see Quran 3:55, 5:116-117.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register