Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Husband Inclined To Convert To Ahmadi-Marriage Status

• Husband Inclined To Convert To Ahmadi-Marriage Status

Posted by Parisha on October 2, 2023 at 3:18 am

I face a difficult situation. I was recently informed that my late father in law had secretly joined the Ahmadis. Now they have presented themselves to me. My husband is inclined I dont know for what reasons. I am very disturbed. I have firm in my belief and after listening for hours they could not convince me objectively. How should I convince my husband to stay away. What is my status of marriage if he agrees. Please I need guidance.

Parisha replied 6 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Husband Inclined To Convert To Ahmadi-Marriage Status

Parisha updated 6 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator October 2, 2023 at 3:53 pm

From sharia stand-point, change of religion of one spouse does not terminate the marriage on its own. It is the individual decision of the spouse whether they want to stay in that marriage or not. In this scenario, it is not even a change of religion, rather a change towards a controversial sect of people who claim to be Muslim. Therefore, the marriage will stay intact despite such conversion. Fore more details on this topic, you can refer to the following thread:

Discussion 73975

You can only present your side of the arguments in response to the points put forth by your husband. We cannot make someone choose a point of view depending on our liking and our wishes. This freedom has been given by God and we cannot take it back from anyone.

For good quality study material on this topic (i.e.pertinent points presented by Ahmadi view and counter arguments), please refer to the following thread:

Discussion 58458

• Parisha

Member October 5, 2023 at 12:38 pm

Thank you this was very helpful. He

Didnt do it after all and is even more staunch in his beliefs.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register