Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Can A Muslim Having Positive Feelings For Rigid Non-Muslim

• Can A Muslim Having Positive Feelings For Rigid Non-Muslim

Posted by Sadiqa Ali on October 30, 2023 at 10:52 am

Is it wrong to love a person who is a deliberate denier of truth according to Islam yet their hearts aren’t sealed ( I know we can’t know who is a deliberate denier of truth just because of curiosity I am asking) so can we have positive feelings and can we be friend such people who are knowingly rejecting truth but their hearts and ears aren’t sealed

Umer replied 6 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Can A Muslim Having Positive Feelings For Rigid Non-Muslim

Umer updated 6 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 31, 2023 at 12:56 am

You can find the answer to your question in the example of Noah who begged for his son and Abraham who begged for his father despite their heart being sealed. and then they were corrected. Natural love never ceases.

• Sadiqa Ali

Member October 31, 2023 at 6:10 am

So what are the rulings for us? What should our feelings be towards a person who is a deliberate denier of truth but he has still hope I was talking about a person whose hearts aren’t sealed you gave example of those whose hearts are sealed does that mean that when someone denies truth deliberately his heart is sealed immediately?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar November 1, 2023 at 3:01 am

We are not supposed to decide whose heart is sealed. This is the divine knowledge. All we do is to keep the possibility of them turning around till their death.

• Sadiqa Ali

Member November 1, 2023 at 6:05 am

The photo I have posted in it dr. Khalid zahir said that our hatred should be towards the kafirs but I read in one thread of yours (in this app) that even one who deliberately rejects truth is a kafir and even he is given respite by Allah despite his kufr but here dr. Sahb is saying that we have to hate them those who disbelieve. I know we can’t know who is a deliberate denier of truth but just out of curiosity I am asking that those who are deliberate denier of truth but yet their hearts aren’t sealed even to those our hatred should be?

• Umer

Moderator November 3, 2023 at 11:06 pm

In the absence of a Rasul, we have no way of knowing who is a Kafir in the sight of Allah. What we have are the statements of the person himself/herself, and we have no other option but to base our decisions on their open statements. So if someone makes an open statement that he/she is rejecting the message of Islam after knowing it to be true then they are Kafir in literal sense (i.e. deniers of the message of Islam) but it still does not invoke the rulings of Kafirs specific to the people at the time of Rasul. The rest is our decision based on the available information. Meaning if someone hates islam to an extent that he is openly dening its message then it is natural for a Muslim to feel distant from him and it is also natural to not feel any love for him. However, it is not a religious obligation to hate that person, one can choose to still feel love for them in a positive way and wishing/praying for their Hidayah. Because keep in mind that now we have no way of knowing who is a Kafir in the sight of Allah and whose heart has been sealed by Allah.

Religious rulings related to Kafirs declared by Allah were for that specific time when a Rasul was present among his addressees.

__

Videos of Ghamidi Sahab shared in the following thread might prove helpful in this regard:

Discussion 84548

• Sadiqa Ali

Member November 3, 2023 at 11:22 pm

So what were the rulings about the behavior of Muslim towards kafir at the time of Rasool were the behavior same for all kafirs cause I heard that even kafir are given respite before their Hearts are sealed…. So when Allah declared at the time of Rasool that this person is a kafir ( he is knowing rejecting truth), that person which Allah declared to be a kafir might have time to repent so what was the attitude of Muslims at that time towards him? was it same for all kafirs at that time

• Umer

Moderator November 3, 2023 at 11:54 pm

Please see the following thread (and specifically the last video shared):

Discussion 1378

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register