Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia How To Recompense For The Violation Of Haqooq-ul-ibad Of A Deceased Non-Muslim

• How To Recompense For The Violation Of Haqooq-ul-ibad Of A Deceased Non-Muslim

Posted by Ahmad Jamal on November 16, 2023 at 2:30 pm

A friend of mine has asked for clarity on following issue – I am writing in his own words: He said:

I misused money owned by a non Muslim long time ago. I now realised my mistake and wish to pay the person back but after searching around I find that the non Muslim had died a while ago. What shall I do now?

I have heard that some scholars say that in such a case (but a Muslim owner of money) you can pray for the deceased and offer some charity on his behalf. But in my case I asking about a non Muslim. Can I pray for the non Muslim and offer charity on his behalf?

Many thanks

Suheer Ahmad replied 5 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • How To Recompense For The Violation Of Haqooq-ul-ibad Of A Deceased Non-Muslim

Suheer Ahmad updated 5 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 20, 2023 at 11:45 pm

As a Principle: For matters involving Haqooq-ul-Ibad, in addition to asking forgiveness from Allah, every attempt should be made to make good any loss made to the aggrieved party. Because forgiveness in the sight of Allah in such matters is subject to forgiveness by the aggrieved party. It does not matter whether the aggrieved party was a Muslim or a Non-Muslim.

There can be circumstances where such a forgiveness is not possible in absolute sense from the aggrieved party directly for example, the aggrieved party has passed away or is unwilling to forgive, the aggrieved party is not a human being but an organization etc. etc. In such circumstances, we should try our best to make the amends with whatever resources available with us like doing good with the family of the aggrieved party in addition to asking forgiveness from Allah.

And if one was unable to attain forgiveness in this world directly from the aggrieved party and our repentance and effort both were sincere then it can be hoped that Allah will intercede on behalf of that Muslim and convince the other person to forgive him on the day of judgement.

Regarding whether or not we can Pray for a Non-Muslim, please refer to the following thread:

Discussion 70183

__

For details, please refer to all the videos of Ghamidi Sahab below:

Please refer to the video below from 8:38 to 11:22

• Umer

Moderator November 20, 2023 at 11:46 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 57:18 to 58:38

• Umer

Moderator November 20, 2023 at 11:46 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 1:46:08 to 1:48:06

• Suheer Ahmad

Member November 20, 2023 at 11:51 pm

I think you should try to mend things now. Because the money was owned by christian and after his demise it would go to their legal heirs . You should contact his son and return this to him. Make it clear to the son of deceased that particular amoumt is ammanah to him and he should divide it among the legal heirs.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register