Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy From Where Does Ghamidi Sahab Get The Context Of Hadith?

Tagged: ,

• From Where Does Ghamidi Sahab Get The Context Of Hadith?

Posted by Amin Ansar on November 18, 2023 at 9:57 am

Hadith are to be judged based on the context and I fully agree with ghamidi sahb. But I want to know how come ghamidi sahb knows the context while other scholars who oppose his opinions don’t know it? I mean if they knew the context, they would have also given the same opinions as ghamidi sahb did

Umer replied 5 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • From Where Does Ghamidi Sahab Get The Context Of Hadith?

• Umer

Moderator November 21, 2023 at 10:08 pm

The attempts are made to gather the context of a particular narration by gathering and studying all the variants of that narration, similar narrations to that narration, Quran, Sunnah, and established history etc.

Following are the precise principles which Ghamidi Sahab follows in understanding content of any hadith narration:

– Literary Appreciation of the Arabic Language

– Interpretation in the Light of the Quran

– Understanding the Occasion of the Hadith

– Analysis of all the Variant Texts

– Reason and Revelation

More details on these principles of understanding Hadith can be found in recent Response to 23 Questions Series on the Topic of Hadith. Refer to Episodes 11 to 14:

Discussion 84980

__

It must be kept in mind that this interpretation excercise is a human endeavour has every possibility to result in different conclusions among different scholars. In matters involving human interpretations, there is always a room for human error resulting from either lack of knowledge (Qillat-e-ilm) or from lack of enough deliberation (Qillat-e-Tadabbur). However, we should focus on the arguments presented by each side and make an honest decision based on their merits.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register