Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Objectionable Activities Of A Muslim On A Matrimonial And Dating App

• Objectionable Activities Of A Muslim On A Matrimonial And Dating App

Posted by Rehman Ali on December 18, 2023 at 10:04 am

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I am writing to seek guidance on a situation that has troubled someone recently. In the context of online matrimonial platforms, He engaged in conversations with individuals under the impression he might be interested in marriage. However, he did not explicitly clarify his intentions at the outset (which actually were only to engage in conversations and friendships) and, during these interactions, engaged in inappropriate discussions unrelated to marriage. While He acknowledges his initial intentions may have been misleading, He understands the gravity of engaging in such conversations outside of a marital context.

My questions are:

What Islamic principles has he violated through his actions? Here I need to know how many Kabira Gunnah have been occured?

How does leading others to potentially sinful conversations impact his responsibility and what can be done now to stop getting these sins?

What steps can he take to sincerely repent and seek forgiveness from Allah? should he go back to all the individuals and tell them his true intentions and what he actually did with them?

He deeply regrets his actions and appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Jazakallahu khairan wa barakallahu fikum.

Rehman Ali replied 4 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Objectionable Activities Of A Muslim On A Matrimonial And Dating App

Rehman Ali updated 4 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator December 19, 2023 at 1:18 am

Two acts in this scenario have been committed which can be categorized as sins:

1) Deception/Breaking of Covenant:

Although there was no explicit mention of the person’s intentions but being on a matrimonial site implies clearly that both the parties are engaging in the discussion with the intention of getting married.

Please see for a related discussion:

Discussion 85139

2) Inappropriate discussion:

Please see for a related discussion answering the rest of your queries:

Discussion 84819

• Rehman Ali

Member December 19, 2023 at 4:58 am

AOA I thank you for your response. There’s one ans from you below:

“”b). The act of adultery is a major sin while any act which is not adultery itself, but a precursor to adultery in any way, would be a minor sin. However, intentional repetition of a sin may be an indication of an attitude of arrogance which a person should keep in check (Please see: Discussion 48331).””

Does engaging in romantic conversation that also entail video calling is also a minor sin?

Lastly, musalmano me bahayai phelany se related kuch suna tha mene shayed koi hadees, does this kind of conversations also come under that category? if yes, then is it still a minor sin or a major sin now?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register