Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Fixed Payment To Investors Against Amount Taken For Investment In Stock Exchange

• Fixed Payment To Investors Against Amount Taken For Investment In Stock Exchange

Posted by Sufian Khan on January 28, 2024 at 1:57 pm

Assalamualaikum

I being a CA and having some experience in stock market have taken some amounts from my relatives nd colleagues.I invest those amount in stock market on the condition that their principal would be safe,whole risk is mine and i’v to pay them 4% to 5% monthly..there is no boundation on me,I can earn as much as possible but I’ve to pay them fixed 4%-5% irrespective of the profit or loss..

So now I want to know does it amounts to interest??It should not be done

Umer replied 2 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Fixed Payment To Investors Against Amount Taken For Investment In Stock Exchange

Umer updated 2 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 29, 2024 at 12:28 am

This is a principal secured investment. This is ok. it is not Riba or interest, which is an addition to a loan. This is not a matter of loan.

• Sufian Khan

Member January 29, 2024 at 12:38 am

Sir just wanted to clear that what is bothering me is the condition that I have to pay them fixed 5% per month even if I loss …

Is it not riba ?

• Umer

Moderator February 1, 2024 at 2:16 am

For something to be categorized as interest, it needs to be a loan arrangement and lender must demand profit on loan. Merely presence of a fixed return doesn’t necessarily make it interest. Financing arrangements/Investments may also include fixed amount of return (which can be lowest estimated profit or average estimated profit) . Therefore, the distinguishing factor for Interest here is the presence/absence of a loan arrangement. As far as financing arrangements are concerned, we see their terms and conditions separately so that nothing unethical is being part of the transaction in general.

On a side note just for clarification, it is consumption of interest which is prohibited in Islam, not the payment of Interest (For further details regarding Payment of Interest: Discussion 72050)

__

Ghamidi Sahab considers Principal-Secured Financing and Payment of Fixed Estimated Profit at lower end or a Fixed percentage of estimated profit at lower end as ethical financing transactions. When there is complete loss for the whole year and no average profit or estimated profit, then of course there won’t be any return being paid to the investors, however their principal amount would be secure and should be returned to the investors upon their demand.

Please refer to the video below from 1:15:47 to 1:20:12

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register