Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Permissibility Of Nudity In A Non-Sexual Context

Tagged: , ,

• Permissibility Of Nudity In A Non-Sexual Context

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on February 4, 2024 at 6:27 pm

Asalamualaikum,

I hope everyone is well. I’m hoping to get an Islamic understanding on how to approach viewing nudity in a non-sexual context. There are several professions that expose a person to nudity, whether in crime, medicine, art, etc. My understanding is that this nudity is acceptable to view due to the necessity of the circumstances. However, does the nature of the nudity itself make it permissible to view?

For example, a patient is draped all around except the area of interest during surgery. Likewise, an investigator may be exposed to nudity while examining a victim’s body, which is likely mutilated or even deceased. Even if not, the victim would’ve been coerced to be involved. In my view, nudity in this context does not appear to be sexual, nor does it elicit sexual feelings for people under normal circumstances.

Keeping the above in mind, would it be acceptable to seek entertainment from mediums that contain this nature of nudity? For example, a medical show, crime-solving video game, sculptures which are nude? There is even documentation of tribal people who expose private areas, such as breasts or buttocks – however, the purpose is perhaps more environmental than sexual.

Or does exposure to nudity in this context spread sinfulness/lewdness in society as well? Obviously, seeking entertainment from these mediums is not a necessity, so this is where my question comes from.

JazakAllah

Haseeb Faisal replied 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register