Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Is Preaching Islam Publicly But Committing Sins In Private Life Munafqat?

• Is Preaching Islam Publicly But Committing Sins In Private Life Munafqat?

Posted by Muhammad Talha on February 11, 2024 at 2:12 pm

When I read Quran and come across some Ayah that I feel I should share for example Surah Hujraat commandments, so I just upload the translation on my status across social media. But then when I commit sins in my private life, I get this feeling of May be building a positive pious image of myself which is actually not my intention but that’s the message my viewers must get so that leads me to thinking of not to share anything regarding to Islam again because you haven’t applied it on yourself completely yet.

Kindly guide.

Umer replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Is Preaching Islam Publicly But Committing Sins In Private Life Munafqat?

Umer updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Abu Muhammad Ibrahim

Member February 11, 2024 at 9:39 pm

Your feelings and concerns are understandable and reflect a common struggle many people face when trying to balance their personal beliefs, actions, and how they present themselves to the world. It’s important to remember that sharing inspirational or religious content, like verses from the Quran, isn’t inherently hypocritical. It can be a form of encouragement to others and yourself to reflect on moral and ethical teachings. Here are a few points to consider:
    1. **Intention Matters**: In Islam, intentions (niyyah) play a crucial role. If your intention in sharing Quranic verses is to inspire others and remind yourself of the teachings of Islam, then that is a positive action. It’s not about projecting a pious image but about sharing the message of Islam.
    2. **Continuous Effort and Repentance**: Everyone sins and makes mistakes; what’s important is the effort to improve and the sincerity of repentance. Sharing something meaningful doesn’t require you to be perfect; it’s about striving to be better. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “All the sons of Adam are sinners, but the best of sinners are those who repent often.” (Narrated by At-Tirmidhi)
    3. **Beneficial Knowledge**: Sharing beneficial knowledge, including Quranic verses, is encouraged in Islam. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “When a man dies, his deeds come to an end except for three things: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous descendant who prays for him (for the deceased).” (Narrated by Muslim) By sharing, you could be contributing to your Sadaqah Jariyah.
    4. **Balancing Act**: If you feel that sharing religious content might lead others to think you are more pious than you believe yourself to be, you can balance this by being open about your own journey and struggles. This doesn’t mean exposing your sins but acknowledging that you, like everyone else, are on a path of learning and growth.
    5. **Personal Development**: Let your actions, both online and offline, be a part of your personal development. Use the discomfort you feel as a motivator to align your actions more closely with your beliefs and values.
    Remember, Islam teaches compassion, mercy, and understanding, both towards others and oneself. It recognizes human imperfection and the potential for growth and improvement. Sharing something positive, with the right intention, can be a step towards personal betterment and encouraging others. Always seek forgiveness for your shortcomings and strive to improve, but don’t let the fear of hypocrisy stop you from sharing goodness.

• Umer

Moderator February 12, 2024 at 12:46 am

Please see:

Discussion 71154

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register