Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Zakat Calculation With A Net Debt Position And Previously Unpaid Zakat

Tagged: 

• Zakat Calculation With A Net Debt Position And Previously Unpaid Zakat

Posted by Sannan Khan on February 19, 2024 at 11:32 am

Objective of the question: is to understand what do I need to pay in terms of zakat.

My income is my salary on which I pay effectively 60% tax. In addition, I pay council tax and road taxes. I also have a pension portfolio, which is locked until I reach the age of 55 years. I also have a house, which 85% leveraged. In addition, I have cars on finance, some cash in my account, and other debts.

Can you pls advice from the above which assets, liabilities, and income, will attract zakat and how do I calculate how much I need to pay?

I had heard previously that if you are in a net debt position you are not liable to pay zakat, as a result I have not paid zakat previously. Kindly guide what do I need to do about any previous zakat due?

Umer replied 2 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Zakat Calculation With A Net Debt Position And Previously Unpaid Zakat

Umer updated 2 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 20, 2024 at 11:23 pm

You can calculate your Zakat with the help of Zakat calculator

https://ask.ghamidi.org/app/#/tools/zakat-calculator

1. Nothing except the following are exempt from zakah:

i.tools of production, trade and business

ii. personal items of daily use

iii. a fixed quantity called nisab

Taxes are counted as zakat

• Umer

Moderator February 21, 2024 at 10:37 pm

Please see for unpaid zakat in the past:

Discussion 91249

• Sannan Khan

Member February 21, 2024 at 11:24 pm

Thank you so much for replying

I am trying to book the premium consultation to follow up on these matter but getting an error when I get to the payment side – see attached – can you pls help?

• Umer

Moderator February 21, 2024 at 11:27 pm

Please send this issue along with the screenshot at the following email id:

info@ghamidi.org

• Sannan Khan

Member February 21, 2024 at 11:55 pm

Thanks, already did that a couple for days ago but yet to receive a respond but presumably they are busy and revert to me when they can.

• Umer

Moderator February 22, 2024 at 12:04 am

As per my knowledge, this feature is not yet live at the back end but is at the finishing stage.

• Umer

Moderator February 22, 2024 at 12:10 am

As per the most recent update, there are some scheduling conflicts, call mechanism and basic fee structure that need to be finalized. Other than that, everything is ready to go live.

• Umer

Moderator February 22, 2024 at 12:06 am

In the meanwhile, please feel free to post a follow-up question for any confusion regarding your main question and we will try our best to resolve it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register