Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Laylatul Qadr And Time Zones

• Laylatul Qadr And Time Zones

Posted by Waqas on April 5, 2024 at 8:48 pm

Salam,

My understanding from Al-Qadr surah is that the night reference is of earth. But as we know we have different time zones across earth and a night timing of one country could be completely different to another country, how does Laylatul Qadr timing is applied to everyone on earth at the same time? Does this mean each country/continent can have its own Laylatul Qadr? But if that’s the case, does it not conflict with Quran as it only mentions one night?

Another scenario that comes to mind:

I understand there is no specific night being set and we are advised to look for it in the last 10 nights of Ramadan. But when people start Ramadan on different dates while being in the same country and city, there will be different dates when the last 10 nights starts. e.g for one person 21st night is on 07 Jan and for another it’s 08 Jan – If Laylatul Qadr was on the 07 Jan, does it mean the other person will lose this night that year?

Ahsan replied 3 weeks, 4 days ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Laylatul Qadr And Time Zones

Ahsan updated 3 weeks, 4 days ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator April 5, 2024 at 10:22 pm
  • Waqas

Member April 5, 2024 at 11:04 pm

Thanks for the swift response but unfortunately this hasn’t answered my initial questions. I have watched many other videos of Ghamidi sahib on this topic as well but I couldn’t find the answer.

My question is not about when is this night. If we ignore the point of availing or losing this night, or that it’s just a human desire to do more good deeds and ibadat on such a special night or for the sake of argument say that it’s not only in Ramadan and that it only comes once in 1000 years, my main questions remain – Quran refers it as one night – does it mean only one geographical region night?

Please review above and the original question again and guide me through it.

• Ahsan

Moderator April 6, 2024 at 10:51 pm

Since we haven’t been informed about it, an objective answer is not possible.
    One can speculate, it can be just a regional night.
    You can also listen to this from 4:32 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHIetZ8SN4

• Ahsan

Moderator April 6, 2024 at 10:53 pm

Also see Discussion 95581

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register