Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Different Quran Interpretations And Its Outcome

• Different Quran Interpretations And Its Outcome

Posted by Zainab Farrukh on April 16, 2024 at 9:30 am

Salam,

I wanted to discuss a few things which include that why does quran translations vary from person to person.Secondly i wanted to share a personal experience and wanted guidance on it.

I thinking i am suffering from depression and everyone time people ask me the reason as to what triggers it i never tell them. But now i have realised that how people interpret quran scares me honestly. My heart and mind believes in a simple translation but constantly i have this fear what if the other person is right. I dont want to go to hell

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 week, 5 days ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Different Quran Interpretations And Its Outcome

• Saad Aamir

Member April 16, 2024 at 10:41 am

Different scholars have different understandings which leads to different translations:

Discussion 71673 • Reply 71822

It is the burden of scholars to translate the Qur’an properly based on their honest understanding, it is they who should fear Allah more. The common person, at best, will trust the scholars and read translations. If the common person feels there is an issue in translation of a verse, they will look for another translation, and continue to do so until they are satisfied. This is the test of knowledge that Allah has put on humanity. He does not expect everyone to know everything right all of the time, but rather one should be constantly check their arguments whenever they are met with a problem and see if the opposing translation has more merit or not. If a person makes an honest mistake in their understanding, it is forgiven.

After being convinced that whether their current point of view is correct or wrong, Allah tests how a person will behave, will they reform and improve according to the new truth they found or stubbornly insist that their point of view is correct even if it is wrong and harmful.

Eternal hell is not for someone that made an honest mistake and even lived their entire life on that honest mistake. Eternal hell is for those that insist on following the wrong way their whole life even after they are convinced that they are wrong.

Most of the Qur’an translation are same i.e arguments for belief in God, do good and there is afterlife, scholars only differ in a dozen things that have little to do whether one will go to Paradise or Hell. Common person only needs to check their differences when the issue concerns them (e.g trying to figure out inheritance law after a death of someone). Until then, scholarly difference is a problem for scholars, not common person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qHuutrXhbc

• Saad Aamir

Member April 16, 2024 at 11:08 am

• Saad Aamir

Member April 16, 2024 at 11:29 am

• Zainab Farrukh

Member April 17, 2024 at 3:19 am

Thank you. Can you help me with where can i learn arabic from

• Zainab Farrukh

Member April 17, 2024 at 5:01 am

Thankk youu

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 17, 2024 at 8:15 pm

Every person will be judged according to his or her honest and deliberate understanding no matter of they are mistaken. God is just and merciful.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register