Moderator August 21, 2020 at 9:47 am

Please see my response in this discussion:

Discussion 17553

• M shahan Abbas

Member December 18, 2020 at 6:50 am

See the comment below with evidence apko ghalat prove kiya hai

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 21, 2020 at 10:54 am

Dr Shehzad Saleem has done a whole session on this. Maybe one of the moderators can give you the clip. It totally explains this topic

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 21, 2020 at 11:38 am

Please ask @UmerQureshi or @faisalharoon

I’m sure they can help. I saw the clip but don’t have it

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 21, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Yes the above is the clip on masturbation by Dr Shehzad Saleem very well explained.

• Mohd Faizan Khan

Member August 21, 2020 at 1:50 pm

Thank you

• M shahan Abbas

Member December 18, 2020 at 6:41 am

The opinon of ghamdi on masturbation is totattly wrong. The correct opinion is of imam al shafi , ibn abbas and molana maududi that its haram aur atleat disliked as stated in surah al mominoon that sexual pleasure can only be sought through wives or slave girls . And its not about that sexual relationship are prohibitted except marriage its wrong interpretation but the correct is that the use of sexual organs except wives or slave girls is prohibitted that includes all forms of sexual plesure including masturbation that its prohibited and crossing gods limits. The holy prophet told us in sahih bukhari that those who cannot marry should fast

• Haseeb Faisal

Member December 18, 2020 at 3:16 pm

I think if you’re going to start your answer by stating that Javed Ghamidi’s opinion is totally wrong, it makes sense that you address the points that he makes in his article. Otherwise, people will naturally follow the opinion that makes the most logical sense to them. This is because it is irrelevant which scholar held what position – what matters is the evidence they present. Here is Ghamidi’s article:
      http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/content.aspx?id=1242

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 20, 2021 at 6:04 am

Based on my knowkedge, Ghamidi Sahib’s interpretation is absolutely correct and makes sense. His supporting argument is much stronger.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member February 20, 2021 at 6:17 am

Simple, if it is not allowed then seeing yourself naked is wrong, women taking their hijab off in private is wrong too. Morality is related to other people, not related to yourself.

• M shahan Abbas

Member December 18, 2020 at 6:47 am

Masturbation is prohibited as all forms of sexual pleasure are prohibitted except wives and slave girls as mentioned in surah al mominoon . This is the opinion of imam al shafi imam malik and ibn tahmiyyah and imam abu hanifa. The opinion of ghamdi sb is totally wrong . I would suggest you that please read article of molana maududi about istimna bil yad ka sharai hukam in rasail wa masail jild 2 page 153 onwards . Those not able to marry should fast to dimish their sexual desires as said in sahib bukhari. The opinion of abdullah bin abbas and ata bin abi rabah as reported in musannaf abdur razak and sunan al kubra bayhaki are also given below in pictures.

• M shahan Abbas

Member December 18, 2020 at 6:48 am
  • Umair Ahmed

Member February 20, 2021 at 5:19 am

@faisalharoon

@UmerQureshi

Respected Brothers,please clear my doubts regarding 3 aspects.I would highly appreciate.Thanks

1)how would one interpret the Hadith where Prophet (pbuh) said to a young group of men to marry and those who cannot, fast

2)And second hadith in which group of sahabas insisted to prophet to make castration halal for them as they were away from their wives,Prophet pbuh could easily have said that masturbate.

3)In accordance to all of this,is (Quran e Pak70:30) also excluding the person who masturbates?and only including wives and concubines.Aren’t we misunderstanding what Quran is saying as it has only permitted wives and concubines to use private parts and not anyone not even that person himself.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 20, 2021 at 9:16 pm

Masturbation is not a replacement for the very strong human desire for physical contact. Physical contact fulfills not only the biological human need, but also an emotional one. If the narration about fasting attributed to prophet SAW is true, I see no contradiction in there because when fasting is done with the right purpose in mind, it helps with better control of emotions. Fasting, however, has no effect on the biological need.

Just because there are no reported narrations of prophet SAW saying anything about masturbation to sahaba when they asked about castration is not evidence enough one way or the other. One has to understand that masturbation is natural – if it were to be impermissible, Quran or prophet SAW would have made it so in definite terms. To the contrary, Ibn-e-Hazam has provided evidence from sahaba that they did no consider masturbation to be impermissible.

Quran verse 70:30 is about physical relationship with others – it has no bearing on masturbation.

• Umair Ahmed

Member February 22, 2021 at 7:16 am

Got it,thanks Faisal Bhai

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now