Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Law Of The Country VS Scholar Opinion

• Law Of The Country VS Scholar Opinion

Posted by Hadia Arshad on November 8, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Is law of the land superior than the Islamic law according to scholars? As many scholars from overseas deny to give fatwa or verdicts just because the rullings are different in each state so one must has to follow that. E,g, in case of divorce. Pakistani law accepts tripple as one but many Muslim countries do not. What shall be the rulling? And whose decision should a lay man follow full and final???

Umer replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Law Of The Country VS Scholar Opinion

Umer updated 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 8, 2020 at 11:43 pm

Currently there’s no law in Pakistan that accepts triple tallaq as one. To my knowledge, it was abolished back in 1961.

• Hadia Arshad

Member November 9, 2020 at 2:09 am

Then what should i follow first? According to islamic teachings.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 9, 2020 at 8:39 am

There’s no conflict between the family law in Pakistan and the law of God in terms of triple tallaq. You can follow the law of God and you will still remain compliant with the law of your country.

• Hadia Arshad

Member November 9, 2020 at 8:41 am

So you mean triple divorce in one sitting counts as tripple? Whereas ghamidi sir has a different view. What to do in such case?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 9, 2020 at 9:06 am

That’s not what I said. There’s no such thing as triple tallaq either in Pakistan’s law or the law of God.

I have also explained to you before that there’s no divorce in the state of anger.

Discussion 35097

• Hadia Arshad

Member November 9, 2020 at 9:09 am

Alright Thank you soo much. Just one last thing, I’m confused to an extent that i cry all the time maybe because shaitan is abducting me. I hear a lot of opinions, and maybe this is the reason i got more confused. So if i choose one opinion, on what basis should i choose that opinion? Because it would be cheating if i cherry pick an opinion as per my wish or ease.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 9, 2020 at 9:15 am

You should pick any opinion in the matter of religion based on evidence from the Quran and sunnah.

• Hadia Arshad

Member November 9, 2020 at 9:19 am

Got it. Thank you.

• Umer

Moderator November 10, 2020 at 6:24 am

Assalamualikum!

you may find this helpful:

Discussion 5479

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register