Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Return Of Jesus / Isa AS

Tagged: ,

• Return Of Jesus / Isa AS

Posted by Umar Jamil on November 26, 2020 at 9:05 am

Hi, I am trying to ask this question on both of these discussions of Imam Ghamdi and Doctor Shehzaad but I am unable to get the reply. It’s about the universal implementation of the law at the hands of Jesus according to tradition as the prophethood was abruptly shifted to Bani Ismael. Since the law is unique from day one. So he will return to implement the law given by Muhammad Pbuh. How do you take this view?

Umer replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Return Of Jesus / Isa AS

Umer updated 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator November 26, 2020 at 8:08 pm

I am unable to understand your point correctly. Can you please elaborate further?

• Umar Jamil

Member November 27, 2020 at 8:46 pm

Usually the traditional narrative goes by that Jesus will come back not as a prophet rather a ‘Mujaddid’ or ‘Ummati’ of Prophet Muhammad since the prophethood was shifted to Bani Ismael. So his (Jesus’) work was abruptly ceased in between when his people tried to crucify him ( so the verse says it didn’t happen actually). Now he will return to complete his work i.e to IMPLEMENT the law, as a Mujaddid to Prophet Muhammad, as the Law is unique since the day of Adam and it has been FULLY SHAPED at the hands of Prophet Muhammad ( as the verse says : Today we have finalised the Deen for you in Surah Maida) but it is yet TO BE IMPLEMENTED on universal scale. After its- God’s law given through Prophet Muhammad- implementation by Jesus by the grace of God, only then He will ring the Final Bell or announce the Day of Doom. Because now everything would be crystal clear to each and every human being (whether they accept it or not) and there will be no point of return except remorse for those who were denying the God and his message. So for this purpose Jesus will return otherwise without Universal manifestation or implementation of God’s law, there’s no point of announcing Day of Judgement. Because once it has to reveal only then it’d make sense. How do you take this point of view?

I asked this from Dr. Shehzad and he said I will talk about it in series of Critical Study Of Hadith in the class of ISCE. But he didn’t.

• Umer

Moderator November 29, 2020 at 6:34 pm

All the points mentioned above are not supported by Quran in terms of Principle.

It is a good motivational theory for those who already believe in second coming of Jesus (AS) but based on mere conjecture.

– Quran does not describe dominance of Islam as a sign of Qiyamah. Instead, it is this rising of Gog and Magog that has been discussed by Quran, with Qiyamah happening at the moment when they will eventually be seen as tramping from everywhere which represents their complete dominance.

For signs of Qiyamah, Please see:

Discussion 30985 • Reply 36041

– There is no Quranic basis for implementation of Islam at a universal level. The verse usually used to support this actually represents law of itmam-e-hujjah but has been widely misconstrued to support this theory. i.e.

وَقَاتِلُوا فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ الَّذِينَ يُقَاتِلُونَكُمْ وَلَا تَعْتَدُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ وَاقْتُلُوهُمْ حَيْثُ ثَقِفْتُمُوهُمْ وَأَخْرِجُوهُمْ مِنْ حَيْثُ أَخْرَجُوكُمْ وَالْفِتْنَةُ أَشَدُّ مِنْ الْقَتْلِ وَلَا تُقَاتِلُوهُمْ عِنْدَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ حَتَّى يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ فِيهِ فَإِنْ قَاتَلُوكُمْ فَاقْتُلُوهُمْ كَذَلِكَ جَزَاءُ الْكَافِرِينَ فَإِنْ انتَهَوْا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ وَقَاتِلُوهُمْ حَتَّى لَا تَكُونَ فِتْنَةٌ وَيَكُونَ الدِّينُ لِلَّهِ فَإِنْ انتَهَوْا فَلَا عُدْوَانَ إِلَّا عَلَى الظَّالِمِينَ الشَّهْرُ الْحَرَامُ بِالشَّهْرِ الْحَرَامِ وَالْحُرُمَاتُ قِصَاصٌ فَمَنْ اعْتَدَى عَلَيْكُمْ فَاعْتَدُوا عَلَيْهِ بِمِثْلِ مَا اعْتَدَى عَلَيْكُمْ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَاعْلَمُوا أَنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الْمُتَّقِينَ (2: 190-194)

And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight against you and do not transgress bounds [in this fighting]. Indeed, God does not like the transgressors. And kill them wherever you find them and drive them out [of the place] from which they drove you out and [remember] persecution is worse than carnage. But do not initiate war with them near the Holy Kabah unless they attack you there. But if they attack you, put them to the sword [without any hesitation]. Such disbelievers deserve this very punishment. However, if they desist [from this disbelief], Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. And keep fighting against them, until persecution does not remain and [in this land] Allah’s religion reigns supreme. But if they mend their ways, then [you should know that] an offensive is only allowed against the evil-doers. A sacred month for a sacred month; [similarly] other sacred things too are subject to retaliation. So if any one transgresses against you, you should also pay him back in the same coin. And have fear of Allah and keep in mind that Allah is with those who remain within the bounds set by Him. (2:190-4)

– Duty of Shahdah was not in anyway abruptly shifted to Bani-Ismael. And whatever duty was shifted, it was completed by Sahaba as far as implementation of law of itmam-e-hujjah on nations directly addressed by Prophet Muhammad (sws) was concerned. Their only duty now is to use this itmam-e-hujjah as an argument and present it as a proof of Allah’s law and use Quran to preach and do Inzar on other nations.

– Addition of any external person (whether it be prophet Esa or Imam mahdi) in essence undermines the authority of Quran i.e. Quran’s status as being the only Meezan now till the day of judgement and people seldom realize that.

Please follow the Response series to understand Ghamidi Sahab’s Take on the matter:

Discussion 35124

Please see this to understand Why Prophethood came to an end:

Discussion 3442

And this to understand how this concept undermines the actual authority of Quran:

Discussion 4209 • Reply 4656

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register