Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Kissing While Acting

Tagged: , , ,

• Kissing While Acting

Posted by Zayf Shakir on May 6, 2021 at 3:06 pm

I had asked a question regarding permissibility of acting and i got my answer through video of Ghamidi sir in which he explained really beautifully about acting. I have one more question as in western culture kissing on lips is very normal among those people ( i mean it is not considered as sexual act as it is in eastern culture) so if an actor or actress is kissing co-star on lips and its a need of a script ( like a husband is meeting her wife after a long time or they have been through a lot of danger and after that they kiss to celebrate their victory and its context is not to spread vulgarity but try to make the scene realistic as i stated before kissing isn’t considered as sexual act) so my question is that is it fine to do so or this is something an actor most specifically a Muslim actor shouldn’t do. Please guide me regarding this matter.

Nadeem Minhas replied 2 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Kissing While Acting

Nadeem Minhas updated 2 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • Zayf Shakir

Member May 6, 2021 at 3:59 pm
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 6, 2021 at 4:49 pm

A good Muslim actor should refrain from it. On the principle of sadd-e-zariya, we have been asked to stay away from everything that could even lead to zina. To understand the principle of sadd-e-zariya in more detail, please refer to:

Discussion 6015

• Zayf Shakir

Member May 6, 2021 at 5:31 pm

Okay what i understood from above mentioned discussion is that sad e zariya is something that leads us to evils and that is understandably prohibited but when talking about acting woman and man aren’t alone and they are pretending to be someone else infront of whole crew and after “cut” they don’t go for bigger evil so how is that prohibited?

• Both actors aren’t alone and they don’t commit adultery because of that kiss

• Once the scene is over if then they kiss wouldn’t that be considered haram because thats when they are being real and not playing anyone’s character.

I hope you understand my point.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 7, 2021 at 1:01 am

All of what you stated might be true, but it’s still an act that could lead one to zina.

Just because a scene is shot in the presence of others doesn’t mean that it won’t encourage one to an immoral act later on. You have to understand that humans have an extremely strong desire for intimacy, and when this desire takes over, our faculties of reason and rationality quit working. That’s the reason why we’re asked to stop it in it’s tracks and refrain from situations which may make things impossible (or at least extremely difficult) for us to control.

• Zayf Shakir

Member May 7, 2021 at 1:03 am

Sir please can you ask Ghamidi sir regarding this matter. Please

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 7, 2021 at 1:07 am

I’m certain that Ghamidi sahab won’t tell you anything different, but if you want, you can register for the next Ask Ghamidi Live event. If you get your turn, you’ll be able to directly pose your question to him.

https://ask.ghamidi.org/event/052021ye75hyrf/

• Ahsan

Moderator May 7, 2021 at 3:25 am

In addition to what Faisal sb has said, I personally know some people who entered showbiz . According to them, things get pretty sinful (will not give details) if you want to get success or go ahead. Becareful and good luck for your endeavour.

• Zayf Shakir

Member May 7, 2021 at 8:42 am

The whole world is sinful but yes i agree a person is more exposed to all those big sins in showbiz but i guess that is the test for a Muslim to control himself and surely he will get reward for controlling his desires because he was exposed to those sins and he could do them all but he didn’t do so. But i was only concerned about kissing scenes because in my opinion kissing while shooting is not something that can lead a person to big evil but again we are human and if a person feels that he won’t be able to control himself after doing so then he shouldn’t do so. May Allah give us Hidayat

• Bilal Awan

Member May 6, 2021 at 7:59 pm

First of all i would like to ask that is acting is halal or Haram after that we can talk about kissing while acting!!!!

• Nadeem Minhas

Member May 7, 2021 at 10:47 am

I think kissing while acting is definitely sad e zaria. It is the first step to normalcy or desensitization. Mostly those who do immoral or illegal acts do not do it the first day. They start one step at a time until each steps feel normal and harmless and onward to a point where even extreme feel mormal. That is why Islam stops us from taking the first step. Perhaps the first step may not earn a person a sins, but slowly it would lead a person to big trouble.

Think about just a few quick kiss scenes, then after few of those it would feel harmless. Then longer more passionate kiss and then onward. The best way is to set your red line right from the beginning. Even write it down and never cross that line.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register