Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Authencity Of Sahih Bukhari

Tagged: ,

• Authencity Of Sahih Bukhari

Posted by Aabid khalil on July 26, 2021 at 2:53 am

Salaam sir i hve come across tbough sahi bukhari in which i found that most of hadit are tollally illogical irrational absurd nonsense which degrade the personality of Pbuh viz it was mentioned that our prophet Muhammad saw was married with woman whose age was just six years another was that Hazrat suliman has intercourse with 100 wives in single night . Another was that prphet has intercourse with her wife while she was in period and so on. Imam Bukhari has mentioned them with graded hadith. how such a great scholar have done his without taking into account their rationality and logic . i apologize if i am wrong 🙏🙏

Afia Khan replied 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Authencity Of Sahih Bukhari

Afia Khan updated 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 26, 2021 at 6:58 am

No blanket statement can be given w.r.t any such book other than Quran regarding its 100% authenticity.

Hadith science has many dimensions to it, ranging from how it was gathered, the health criteria w.r.t chain of narrators and w.r.t the content of the Hadith itself in addition to it being in line with Quran and Sunnah.

Following points might help you understand a bit about the Hadith Science:

Discussion 32850 • Reply 32869

To understand Hadith as a Source of Islamic Epistemology, please see:

Discussion 21789 • Reply 21983 (although the whole thread is helpful)

To understand the Hadith Compilation and Collection, please see:

Discussion 50996

In furture, please post relevant Hadith references whenever you ask a question, it helps us in sorting of questions and replying to them accordingly. As far as narration on age of Aisha (rta) is concerned, that narration has been critiqued in the light of arguments mentioned in the following video: (for other examples that you mentioned, please provide their appropriate references)

• Aabid khalil

Member July 26, 2021 at 7:09 am

Salaam these are the refrences Hadith no 3894 related with marriage of prophet Muhammad with woman at the age of six. it is mentioned in Hadith no. 2819 related with the intercourse of Hazrat Suliman with hundered or ninety nine wives. it is also mentioned in Hadith no .300 regarding intercourse of Prophet Muhammad with wife during periods.

• Umer

Moderator July 26, 2021 at 7:49 am

Regarding Age of Hazrat Aisha (rta), please refer to the video above.

Regarding Hadith #300, there’s no mention of intercourse during periods, infact the contrary is mentioned:

https://sunnah.com/bukhari:302

https://sunnah.com/bukhari:299

Regarding Hadith#2819, I will request Hassan Sahab to give his insight as to how he understands this narration.

• Altamash Ali

Member July 26, 2021 at 9:42 am

nothing to say, But to give understanding

You know what hadith of nabi is? a report related to prophet. what you read related to 2819??? A thought of translator. !!!

Here read again : Sahih al-Bukhari : 2819

رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ

The Messenger of God, ﷺ , said

قَالَ سُلَيْمَانُ بْنُ دَاوُدَ ـ عَلَيْهِمَا السَّلاَمُ

Sulayman bin Daud said – عَلَيْهِمَا السَّلاَمُ

أَطُوفَنَّ اللَّيْلَةَ عَلَى مِائَةِ امْرَأَةٍ

to circumambulate(or give a class or treatment) a hundred women tonight

أَوْ تِسْعٍ وَتِسْعِينَ

or ninety and ninety

كُلُّهُنَّ يَأْتِي بِفَارِسٍ يُجَاهِدُ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ،

All of them bring a knight who strives in the way of God,

فَقَالَ لَهُ صَاحِبُهُ إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ‏.

His companion said to him, God willing.

فَلَمْ يَقُلْ إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ‏.

He did not say, God willing.

فَلَمْ يَحْمِلْ مِنْهُنَّ إِلاَّ امْرَأَةٌ وَاحِدَةٌ،

Only one of them conceived,

جَاءَتْ بِشِقِّ رَجُلٍ

she came with a baby’s bodypart,( more likely unsucessful pregnancy)

وَالَّذِي نَفْسُ مُحَمَّدٍ بِيَدِهِ

By the one in whose hand is the soul of Muhammad

لَوْ قَالَ إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ

If he had said, God willing,

لَجَاهَدُوا فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ فُرْسَانًا أَجْمَعُونَ

To strive in the cause of God all horsemen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

More likely you have problem with word ‘طُوفَنَّ’ which the major translators have translated as Sexual intercourse.

But طُوفَنَّ’ means in a sense that separating a group and tempering it. or trying to give it some class or kinda..

Brother atleast have a dictionary, or atleast look up on Online arabic dictionary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever wondered? his companion said God willing? what it is? He was going to have sex and was announcing it?? does it not seems like arrogance? what if they can be his army’s soldiers. or something else. and sulayman (pbuh) just thought to give them extra classes who knows… and was there just giving advice to his soldiers.. or do you think a night of 10 hour long is sufficient?

Hey, then why this hadith is translated as it is? are u thinking that you are better than translator??

the hadith of prophet that you read above is what i wrote down.. but what happened actually is!!!

Abu hurayra (may God be please with him) used to tell this story on his behalf.. and when he used to attach to prophet in sanad, he used to quote it word by word as in above hadith.,

But what happened when Abu hurayra (may God be please with him) used to tell this story without sanad of prophet & only on his behalf?

Example are there in Saheeh Muslim : 1654 & Sahih al Bukhari : 5242

i Got to go, right now, but i will try to explain tomorrow ( God willing) until then you may read similar mistake that i observed in this hadith of bukhari that translator did..

likha hy bukhari m k roz suraj guroob hone k bad Arsh par ja kr sajde me girta hy or dosre din tuloo hone ki ijazar mangta hy or ijazat milne pr phr mashriq se tuloo hota hy

My answer is here i wrote down when i newly came on this forum about 4 months ago :- Discussion 46088 • Reply 46214

Salam..

• Aabid khalil

Member July 26, 2021 at 10:23 am

Thnxss sir🙏🙏

• Altamash Ali

Member July 27, 2021 at 5:07 am

Continuation…

EDIT :- what if they can be wives* of his army’s soldiers.

I hope that you may have read the Saheeh Muslim : 1654 & Sahih al Bukhari : 5242 Both of these hadis doesn’t have prophet Muhammad ﷺ in isnad &, Abu hurayra (رَضِيَ ٱللَّٰهُ عَنْهُ) relate to people on his behalf.

& the hadith that Abu hurayra (رَضِيَ ٱللَّٰهُ عَنْهُ) nerrated with sanad(authority) of prophet Muhammad ﷺ which is the one you quoted first Sahih al-Bukhari : 2819 & i have translated sentence after sentence.

let’s try to compare what addition or change is there in the hadith in which Prophet Muhammad ﷺ is not in isnad. And the hadith in which prophet Muhammad is in isnad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hadith in which Prophet Muhammad ﷺ is not in isnad. (means nerrator does not claim that he nerrates what he heard or understood from prophet Muhammad ﷺ )

Sahih Muslim : 1654a :

أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ كَانَ لِسُلَيْمَانَ سِتُّونَ امْرَأَةً

Abu Hurayrah (رَضِيَ ٱللَّٰهُ عَنْهُ) said that Sulayman(pbuh) had sixty womans (or wives)

فَقَالَ لأَطُوفَنَّ عَلَيْهِنَّ اللَّيْلَةَ فَتَحْمِلُ كُلُّ وَاحِدَةٍ

He said, “I will surround them in night, and each one of them will be pregnant.”

And there is no mention that any companion was with him or that inshaAllah was even said by anyone and there is addition of word birth تَلِدُ & وَلَدَ

NEXT

Sahih Muslim : 1654d

أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ سُلَيْمَانُ بْنُ دَاوُدَ لأُطِيفَنَّ اللَّيْلَةَ عَلَى سَبْعِينَ امْرَأَةً

Abu Huraira (رَضِيَ ٱللَّٰهُ عَنْهُ) said , Suleiman Ibn Dawood said, “I will separate(طِيفَنَّ) seventy women tonight.”

تَلِدُ كُلُّ امْرَأَةٍ مِنْهُنَّ غُلاَمًا يُقَاتِلُ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ

Every woman will give birth to a boy who fights in the cause of God.

فَقِيلَ لَهُ قُلْ إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ

It was said to him, inshaAllah.

And there is no mention that who said InshaAllah!! his companion or what? and there is addition of word ‘Birth’

NEXT

Sahih al-Bukhari : 5242 :

أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ ‏”‏ قَالَ سُلَيْمَانُ

Abu Hurayrah (رَضِيَ ٱللَّٰهُ عَنْهُ) said, “Sulaiman said

تَلِدُ كُلُّ امْرَأَةٍ غُلاَمًا

Every woman will gives birth to a boy

فَقَالَ لَهُ الْمَلَكُ قُلْ إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ

So the angel said to him: Say, inshaAllah.

فَلَمْ يَقُلْ وَنَسِيَ

And he did not say, and he forgot

So here it says woman will give birth and here is mention that Angel said inshaAllah and also mentions that Sulayman (pbuh) forgot to say inshaAllah.

So all these hadis are those which does not contain Prophet Muhammad ﷺ in it’s isnad. and does not claim that its what heard or understood from prophet ﷺ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now here i would mention the hadis in which prophet ﷺ is mentioned in isnad..

Sahih Muslim : 1654b

أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏”‏ قَالَ سُلَيْمَانُ

Abu Hurayrah, on the authority of the Prophet ﷺ , said, “Suleiman said :

كُلُّهُنَّ تَأْتِي بِغُلاَمٍ

All of them will bring a boy

فَقَالَ لَهُ صَاحِبُهُ أَوِ الْمَلَكُ

And his companion, or the Angel, said to him,

&

Sahih Muslim : 1654e

this hadis is also on authority of Prophet

and metion that sulayman mentioned that all of women will come with (تَأْتِي) a Boy. And does not mention that all of woman will be pregnant or all of them will give birth to boy.

and similiarly the sahih bukhari : 2819 hadis that you quoted first explains same on the authority of prophet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conclusions,,

1. the hadith that are on authority of Prophet ﷺ mentions that Sulayman عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ said ‘i will separate many womans and all of them will come with (تَأْتِي) a Boy.’
    2. the hadith which are not on authority of prophet ﷺ mentions that sulayman عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ said i will separate many womans and all of them will be preganant(حْمِلُ) & will give birth(تَلِدُ) to boys.
    3. the hadis which are not on authority of prophet ﷺ doesn’t mention that his companion (sahaba) said to him inshaAllah.
    4. and there is no mention of sexual intercourse in any of hadis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My thoughts after reading these hadis are…

it’s more likely that Sulayman عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ gathered a meeting among his soldiers and said that tonight we will arrange a ritual in which wives of soldiers will be given special guidance for growing up future soldiers,

And all of them will come with Boy. and all of those boys will do Jihad in way of God once they will grow up.

but he forgot to say InshaAllah (God willing).

And Allah knows best,

Salam..Heart Exclamation

• Afia Khan

Member July 27, 2021 at 1:43 pm

“I hve come across tbough sahi bukhari in which i found that most of hadit are tollally illogical irrational absurd nonsense “

I think that not most but only few Ahadith are problematic. And Ustadh Ghamidi Sahab explained them very well multiple times. Videos and material are easily available online. All Ahadith collections are the great sources for us to know our beloved Prophet’s life.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 27, 2021 at 6:06 pm

Sister Aabida, I am in your camp with extreme prejudice against most hadith.

I consider many as lies and insults against our prophet. In some cases invasion of his private life without his permission. All the Hadiths published without permission of Allah, prophet himself or even from a consent from Khulifah Rashdeen.

150 to 200 and many generations later a person gets up and decides to sort out truth and lies from a huge number of hadiths and decides to compile a book.

There is no way in this World he could verify the authenticity of hadith, the memory and truthfulness of people, especially the one who had died. There is also great concerns on whether the persons who heard or observed even heard or observed correctly and understood the context of each incident.

Then there are conflicting hadiths. Now there are 150 books. Where is this in formation coming from?

Hadith are one source of conflict, sect and division amongst Muslims

Hadiths are distracting and sometimes leading people to the wrong path.

I find many hadiths in conflict with Quran and many just plain embarrassing.

• Afia Khan

Member July 27, 2021 at 7:23 pm

Br. Abid wrote in his question that

“I hve come across tbough sahi bukhari in which i found that most of hadit are tollally illogical irrational absurd nonsense “

Which I disagree. Only few not many are problematic. Ahadith are the only source for us to know the Iswah of our beloved Prophet. I think the main problem is the placement of Ahadith. They are the historic record but not the source of religion. If our beloved Prophet PBH is the role model for us how we can know the role model without this historic record.

In 23 questions series respected Ghamidi Sahab explains beautifully how to judge and research the conflicting Ahadith. May Allah give us hidayah to the Sirat e Mustaqe.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 27, 2021 at 7:42 pm

But sister Afia. I agree not all may be problematic, but most are.

Also if we want to know the life of our prophet, we want an absolute truth, not maybe truth.

Why don’t we have a picture or allow to draw the pictures of prophets? Because those pictures will not be absolute truth and people may start worshipping them. Similarly hadith cannot be absolute truth no matter how much effort someone put into verifying the information and then people start following without verification and sometimes give more value than the Quran ‘s guidance.

Following our prophets authentic guidance in the form of Quran is more important than knowing true or false details of every aspect of his life.

Neither our prophet gave permission to write, nor he verified the inform and nor did he permit to spread this information. Some very personal and private details of his life are in public domain without his permission. Some glaringly false information is being associated to him.

These are insults to him and Toheen-e-resalt by Muslims themselves.

• Afia Khan

Member July 27, 2021 at 8:25 pm

Br. Nadeem, they are the only source for us. If we study Hadith science, it was given so much importance in asnaad.

Prophet Muhammad prohibited people from writing his conversations, which is what Hadith is, explicitly stating that he did not want those conversations to get mixed up with the Qur’anic verses.

Quran was in writing in his lifetime . He didn’t object people to write his sayings after the Quran was preserved.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register