Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Accusation Against Ayesha Ra.

• Accusation Against Ayesha Ra.

Posted by Tamzid Al Hasan on July 27, 2021 at 2:10 am

Is Ayesha R. exonerated from the accusation of Adultery by the Quran?

“The slanderers were a small group among you, and shall be punished. But why, when you heard it, did faithful men and women not think the best and say, ‘This is a manifest lie’? If the slanderers had even produced four witnesses! But they produced no witnesses, so they are liars in the eyes of God…. Why did you think nothing of repeating what others with no knowledge had said, thinking it a light matter when in the eyes of God it was a serious one? Why did you not say, ‘This is a monstrous slander’? God commands the faithful never to do such a thing again.”

I see that because the slanderers were not able to produce 4 witnesses that’s why they are liars in the eyes of God. Later this verse has also been used against accusations of rape and the victim women had to produce 4 witnesses which is virtually impossible thus countless rape victims were silenced,humiliated and even faced charges of adultery.

Syed Kashif Mahmood replied 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Accusation Against Ayesha Ra.

• Ahsan

Moderator July 27, 2021 at 3:00 am
    • Tamzid Al Hasan

Member July 27, 2021 at 5:09 am

You didn’t get my question!

• Ahsan

Moderator July 27, 2021 at 8:15 am

My answer was based on your last paragraph.

In Al Bayan or Tadaburre Quran, it is mentioned that Surah nisa verse already asked muslims to present 4 witness while accusing some one of adultery. Why they didnt present if they were right. Its was a warning for people
      الزام کے ثبوت کے لیے چار گواہوں کا مطالبہ: یعنی ان مفتریوں کی بات لائق اعتناء ہو سکتی تھی تو اس صورت میں ہو سکتی تھی جب یہ شریعت کے مقرر کردہ قانون کے مطابق اپنے الزام کے ثبوت میں چار گواہ پیش کرتے۔ یہ امر واضح رہے کہ اس طرح کے الزام کے ثبوت کے لیے چار گواہوں کی شہادت کا قانون اس سے بہت پہلے سورۂ نساء آیت ۱۵ میں نازل ہو چکا تھا۔ مطلب یہ ہے کہ جب ان مفسدوں نے یہ الزام لگایا تھا تو ان کی شرعی اور قانونی ذمہ داری یہ تھی کہ یہ چار گواہ پیش کرتے لیکن جب وہ چار گواہ پیش نہ کر سکے تو خدا کے قانون کی رو سے تو وہی جھوٹے ہیں۔ پھر جن لوگوں نے ان کی طرف سے ثبوت فراہم ہوئے بغیر ان کی بات باور کر لی، آخر کس سند کی بنیاد پر باور کر لی؟

(From Tadaburre Quran Verse 24:13)
      Its another way of proving her innocence.

P.S: If I still didnt understand ur Question, clarify it

• Tamzid Al Hasan

Member July 28, 2021 at 2:37 am

Full story: The night before Yesterday I was reading ‘After The Prophet’ by Lesley Hazelton and after reading some initial pages, I was struck very hard by a situation presented there. It was Aisha R. who missed the caravan and nobody came to rescue her so she had to wait for a very long time and came to medina by riding horse of a young handsome man. The people started gossiping that this is what happens when a teenager marries a man in his late fifties. Soon like all scandal news, the news spread to the whole of medina and far beyond. Aisha R. was sent to his father’s house. Three weeks past but the buzz didn’t stop. The agnostic jew Lesley Hazelton said it was a threat for Muhammad’s pbuh authority. Then Muhammad pbuh went to Aisha Ra. to question again and Aisha again said she didn’t do anything shameless. Later Muhammad pbuh sat on his prophetic trance and came up with a Quranic verse “The slanderers were a small group among you, and shall be punished. But why, when you heard it, did faithful men and women not think the best and say, ‘This is a manifest lie’? If the slanderers had even produced four witnesses! But they produced no witnesses, so they are liars in the eyes of God…. Why did you think nothing of repeating what others with no knowledge had said, thinking it a light matter when in the eyes of God it was a serious one? Why did you not say, ‘This is a monstrous slander’? God commands the faithful never to do such a thing again.”

To be honest I was shocked to see the verse. I felt that the author of this verse is also indecisive like Muhammad pbuh to declare Aisha’s outright exoneration and thus saying because the slanderers were not able to produce 4 witnesses that’s why they are liars in the eyes of God. For the first time in my life I started doubting the Quran seriously and I was immersed in thoughts after thoughts. Yesterday my doubts grew bigger. I started to recall Satanic Verses and later cover up by saying every prophets said something like this. Later I remembered the incident where Muhammad pbuh was asked about Zhulkarnynn and because he didn’t say ‘insha-Allah’ the revelation came after 7 days instead of one day. Then I also started doubting the verse where Quran order Zubayer to divorce his wife then organise marriage with Muhammad pbuh. All of a sudden, Surah Lahab seemed to me a sudden outburst of human emotion. Some of these doubts i had before and I reassured my self by telling Allah is testing me. But this time I’m not able to overcome my doubts. I also said to my self I’ll go wherever my reason takes me and I will search for the truth throughout my whole life. I feel like I will leave Islam if I read ‘The First Muslim’ by Lesley Hazelton, the agnostic jew. Now I’m feeling, just like Ghamidi Sahb had to reinterpret the inheritance law verses to make it mathematically coherent, likewise he has reinterpreted islam to make it theoretically coherent. I’m twenty and today for the first time in my life I’m immersed in a sea of doubts about my faith. I hope you will give me some advices.

• Ahsan

Moderator July 28, 2021 at 3:23 am

First of all Ghamidi sb didnt reinterpret Islam. There are earlier scholars who ha similar view. For Satanic verse and Abu lahab part you can open new thread.
      Satanic verses quote incidents from mostly fabricated narration. Those narration were tagged fabricated very long time ago. About Surah Lahab you can read AL bayan to understand real meaning. Its available free on the app. FOr understanding verses, we should understand how Quran quotes events and incidents. most of confusion arises due to that part. Remember that when you approach from materialistic point of view, then you conclude things as Lesley did. Quran is very clear that incident donot matter what matter is the lesson learnt from those incidents.

@UmerQureshi @faisalharoon @Irfan76
      Can you kindly respond to this question

• Altamash Ali

Member July 28, 2021 at 7:47 am

i think, i should repeat what i wrote down before!!

“why would u care about doubts??

did u found inconsistency in skies?? in nature??

isn’t it true that we Humans have freewill and we are free to do anything, that’s why we distort some truths…

“˹He is the One˺ Who created seven heavens, one above the other. You will never see any imperfection in the creation of the Most Compassionate. So look again: do you see any flaws?

Then look again and again—your sight will return frustrated and weary.”

-Quran 67:3-4

doubt = observing contradiction in something.. and God is pure from it.”

Question was : Anxiety Due To Doubts About God

you may read here :- Discussion 51018

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey what you think faith (iman) is? it is the believe in unseen after witnessing signs

& talking about inshaAllah point, and how mistakes take place you may read about what i recently wrote down..

“in bukhari it is written that Hazrat suliman has intercourse with 100 wives in single night . & because he haven’t said inshaAllah none of his wives concieved”

here :- Discussion 54325 • Reply 54343

Salam, and let me know where you found contradiction or inconsistency….

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 30, 2021 at 12:52 am

Every doubt should be discussed separately in a separate thread.

As far as the verses about the slander are concerned the very word, “slander” is enough and decisive to tell how God sees it.

The rest is the teaching the Muslims how to deal with such slandering. They, the authority, should ask for at least four witnesses to take such an accusation into consideration.

In the absence of Four witnesses they are lairs in the eyes of God means they are lair in the law of God. These are stylistics of Quran one should know to reach the right understanding.

Four witnesses are not for rape victim, these are for accusing a person of adultery, to file a petition. While rape is the public crime which, which needs to be dealt as such. Any reliable proof or witness or evidence can work to establish the crime. Unfortunately our fuqaha, jurists, didn’t differentiate between the nature of these two crimes adultery and rape.

• Syed Kashif Mahmood

Member July 30, 2021 at 7:04 am

السلام علیکم

حضرت عائشہ پر بہتان والی حدیث علامہ

پرویز کے تجزیے کے مطابق اپنی داخلی شہادتوں کی بنا پر ضعیف یا موضوع معلوم ہوتی ہے ۔ جیسا کہ بہتان کی صورت میں اللّه نے قرآن میں تحقیق معاملہ کے لئے جو تعلیمات یا احکامات نازل کیے تھے ، اس حدیث کے مطابق حضور ﷺ نے ان پر عمل نہیں کیا ۔ جو کہ ناممكن ہے ۔ لہٰذا یہ موضوع ہے ۔

یہ معاملہ دراصل کسی اور خاتون پر الزام کا تھا جس میں کچھ مسلمانوں کے ری ایکشن پر قرآن میں تبصرہ اور تعلیم کی گئی ۔ اور بس ۔

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register