Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Ahl-e-Bait Hadith (hadith-e-kisa)

Tagged: ,

• Ahl-e-Bait Hadith (hadith-e-kisa)

Posted by Amir Zubair Siddiqui on November 19, 2021 at 11:51 am

Please tell me about the authenticity of the famous Ahle bait Hadis, my question is why Hazrat Ayesha was not included in the Hadies as Ahle bait being his Wife. What was the occasion when the Prophet PBUH called Hazrat Ali to include him in Ahle Bait. Please explain

Umer replied 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Ahl-e-Bait Hadith (hadith-e-kisa)

Umer updated 1 year, 9 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 19, 2021 at 7:26 pm
  • Amir Zubair Siddiqui

Member November 20, 2021 at 12:56 am

I was asking about the Hadies in which it is stated that Prophet PBUH, was at his house in bed , he called Hazrat Ali, Hassan , Hussain and Fatima put them under a cover of sheet and said these are my Ahle Bait. And at that time Hazrat Ayesha was also in the same house. I wanted to know about this. I m a regular lister of Ghamdi Sb and would like to know the reality about this event/ narration of Hadies

• Umer

Moderator November 20, 2021 at 3:43 am

Following is the Hadith of Sahih Muslim you might be referring to:

https://sunnah.com/muslim:2424

According to Ghamidi Sahab, Quran is very explicit as to who are ahl-e-bait i.e wives of the Prophet (sws).

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the following video from 3:20 to 4:56

https://youtu.be/YEL7HBc7eYo?t=200

• Umer

Moderator November 20, 2021 at 3:43 am

• Faizan

Member November 20, 2021 at 9:56 pm

@UmerQureshi bahi

https://youtu.be/YEL7HBc7eYo

I concluded the following from above video:

Only wives of prophet (PBUH) were ah-lai-baith

Only those Sahaba present at baith-usman were declared Khair-e-ummat

Please correct me if missed something

Thank you.

• Umer

Moderator November 21, 2021 at 4:20 am

Your understanding is correct Faizan Sahab.

• Faizan

Member November 21, 2021 at 3:51 pm

Two follow up questions @UmerQureshi bahi

In the last episode, Hassan bahi did bring up narration that extended the definition of Al-Baith. So what do we do here? Reject the narration as it doesn’t align with Quran or accept it as it’s the prophet’s (PBUH) words

What do we call those Sahabas that weren’t present at baith-usman? My confusion stems from the fact what was the criteria that Muhadassien used to label a Muslim a sahbi?

Thank you.

• Umer

Moderator November 24, 2021 at 5:30 pm

Regarding your first part, since Quran has explicitly mentioned who actual ‘Ahl-e-Bait’ are, therefore, there is no question left to be asked in deciding this point. However, as far as other members of Prophet’s family like Hazrat Ali (rta), Hazrat Fatima (rta) are concerned (as mentioned in Hadith-e-Kisa), they can be considered as ‘Ahl-e-Bait’ too, but only as a secondary category because Quran has clarified the primary category of ‘Ahl-e-Bait’, therefore, other people can only be included subservient to the primary ‘Ahl-e-Bait’–as a second tier category if you will. There’s no need to reject this narration, we just need to keep the hierarchy straight. Ghamidi Sahab has also commented on this narration briefly, please refer to the video posted below.

As far as definition of a Sahabi is concerned, there are other verses too which indicate that people other than Ashab-e-Shajra are also a part of ‘Khair-e-Ummat’. For example, Surah Tauba, Verse 100:

وَالسَّابِقُوْنَ الْأَوَّلُوْنَ مِنَ الْمُهَاجِرِيْنَ وَالْأَنصَارِ وَالَّذِيْنَ اتَّبَعُوهُمْ بِإِحْسَانٍ رَّضِيَ اللّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوْا عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِیْ تَحْتَهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِيْنَ فِيهَآ أَبَدًا ذَلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيْمُ.

God was pleased with those muhajirun and ansar and they were pleased with God who took the initiative the foremost, and with those also who have befittingly followed them. God has prepared for them orchards below which streams flow. They will abide in them forever. This is great success. (Quran 9:100)

And the following verse of Quran (56:8-26) as well:

Discussion 39626 • Reply 39639

Please also refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab regarding definition of a Sahabi:

Discussion 51508 • Reply 55009

Ghamidi Sahab has also briefly commented on Hadith-e-Kisa (Narration of the cloak) and other ahadith mentioning Ahl-e-Bait. Please refer to the video below from 1:27 to 9:30

https://youtu.be/JorIUMdOkKs?si=-pLkLLq-3kZzOmHd&t=87

• Faizan

Member November 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm

Thank you @UmerQureshi

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member August 6, 2022 at 4:48 am

Ye wale lecture ki unwan se u tube par according to Hasan bhai 20 part plz send the unwan

The discussion "Ahl-e-Bait Hadith (hadith-e-kisa)" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now